South Koreans sideing with America on China.

Rabs

South Koreans wakeing up, find china as a threat, realize US is biggest ally.

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/06/front2453816.1201388887.html

Poll: S. Koreans warming to U.S., see China as longterm threat [SIZE=-2]SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] Tuesday, March 21, 2006 [/SIZE] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Some 38 percent of South Koreans think China could emerge as their country’s biggest security threat in a decade, according to a recent poll by the Korea Institute for Defense Analyses, a state-run think tank.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]The March 19 survey indicated that South Koreans are increasingly concerned about China's rapidly growing influence while Seoul's anti-U.S. sentiment appears to be slowly easing.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Also, 81.7 percent of respondents described the United States as the most helpful to South Korea, followed by distant runners-up China with 6.1 percent and Japan 4.5 percent. 5.4 percent cited North Korea as the most helpful country to South Korea.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]The survey, released March 19, showed that 37.7 percent think that China would be the biggest threat to South Korea's security in 10 years, followed by Japan (23.6 percent) and North Korea (20.7 percent).[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Only 14.8 percent of 1,000 South Koreans polled cited the United States as the country's biggest security threat in 10 years.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]In a public opinion poll conducted in January 2004, 39 percent of South Koreans, mostly young people in their 20s, cited the United States as the biggest threat, while only 33 percent listed North Korea, 12 percent cited China and 8 percent cited Japan.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]More than 77 percent of those in their 20s, the age group that has expressed the most anti-American sentiments, said the U.S. was most helpful to South Korea, reflecting conflicting perceptions of the United States.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]As for factors behind South Koreans' strong anti-U.S. feeling, 24.2 percent of respondents cited crimes conducted by American soldiers stationed in the country.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]In 2002, a strong wave of anti-American protests swept South Korea after the two girls were killed in an accident by a U.S. military vehicle.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]According to a survey last month of South Korean youth between 18 and 23, nearly half said Seoul should side with North Korea if the United States attacked the communist neighbor.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

wow..South Koreans sure hate their neighbours...

37.7 percent think China
Japan (23.6 percent)
and North Korea (20.7 percent

that is pretty much everyone around South Korea..

oh..so China wants to invade South Korea...

despite the ever-closing business-tie and the popularity of Korean pop culture and food in China..

and the fact that China and South Korea do not really have anything against each other....(nothing really, can you think of any?)

It sort-of depends on who North Korea would side with... I know that China is Korea's primary trading partner and probably its biggest international relationship...so what would they have against each other?

As you can see from the six-party talks, China has been pressing North Korea to give up its nukes and make a compromise with U.S...
and there are results.

from this you can see China today cares more about trade relationship with the rest of the world than the so-called "comrade-relationship" with North. (the GDP of North is like less than China's trade revenue with Walmart)

there is abusolutely no indication that China supports North to invade Sout RIGHT NOW...(even crazy right-wing pentagon anaylysts won't tell you that)

There is also no proof that they do not either.

What China says publicly has absolutely no bearing on the truth in any situation.

SARS

H5N1

Submarine in Japanese waters

Tiannamen

Religious freedom

Tibet

Xinjiang

and on and on...

Every nation is doing something behind others' backs.
As I said before, even close allies like Canada and U.S had or have plans to prepare an invasion against one another.

I bet South Koreans know all about the list you have provided and they still invest in China, work with Chinese and cooperate with Chinese people to create a better trading relationship.

Yes, because I said elsewhere Asians have a different mentallity when it comes to doing business with your enemies.

bulldogg said:
There is also no proof that they do not either.

What China says publicly has absolutely no bearing on the truth in any situation.

SARS

H5N1

Submarine in Japanese waters

Tiannamen

Religious freedom

Tibet

Xinjiang

and on and on...

I know what you mean dude. I don't have anything against the Chinese (I'm freakin Asian!), but I just don't trust totalitarian governments considering my ethnic land (Vietnam) is currently being poisoned by them...

lol korea always hated japan and china,mostly japanese... look at the 5000 year history of korea.. many wars with neighboring countries etc. lol
I dont think china will attack..

Back