South Korean military/police pictures

Good pix.

Why so hard to find S.Korea military pix? U gotta learn something from Chinese propaganda department :D

There are also good pics of S.Korea troops in Iraq, I saw some in Chinese forums.

Keep them coming..

I just did a small search on Chinese sites:

Korea troops in Iraq:

korea14ak.jpg

korea27yb.jpg

korea31em.jpg

korea45qc.jpg

korea50pu.jpg

korea66sn.jpg

korea70ke.jpg

korea97kl.jpg

korea100mb.jpg

Hey good pictures.
I think the lack of photos may have to do with the fact that every guy needs to serve. So they go into the military and do their time and come out and usually they're not really into it as "hobbyists." Those guys who are into it generally would stay in the services and those who come out would have other interests.
Plus also, South Korea's deployment to Iraq isn't very popular so I guess there just isn't a lot of photos of them going around.

some more from Iraq:
Found a stacklot more when I remembered the Korean operation for Iraq was called Zaitun.

President Roh Mu-hyun (the one you can see the face of) is lifted by a South Korean soldier.
SEL80912081121-big.jpg

The South Korean president with troops in Iraq
capt.sge.mwj82.081204150237.photo00.photo.default-384x238.jpg

Donald Rumsfeld with the South Korean "Zaitun" unit. The cammo you see is South Korea's brand new desert cammo scheme. Developed after South Korean deployments to deserts started to increase.
htm_2004101107201740004100-001.JPG

South Korean "Zaitun" convoy.
20040923-1.jpg

More convoy
20040923-2.jpg

Chilling in the sand
20040923-5.jpg

Headquarters dudes
20040923-6.jpg

More vehicles
20040923-8.jpg

Transporting IFVs
20040923-9.jpg

MMMMM... Kimchi
20040923-10.jpg

How the unit got to Kurdish territory. Arrows are universal ;)
20040923-12.jpg

Non Iraq

South Korean Army Special Forces (aka Black berets)
roksct.jpg

What does Zaitun mean?

Btw, my wife likes Korean PaoCai very much, we always buy alot of Korean PaoCai when we shop in Chinese supermarket lol

Oh I just asked my wife PaoCai is Kimchi :D

Probably because they're not expected to be out for too long. After all, Korea is not that big of a place. Either way, the smaller the better, especially if you consider how hilly Korea is.

beardo said:
nice pics...seem very oginised/proffesional

btw...why are the bergens so small?

I was digging around and found this :lol:
dmzgolf.jpg

i have a question for 13_red,

like everyone knows equipments is an important factor for an army's fighting power, but not the only factor..

is korean army's will of fighting strong? like are they willing to die for their countries..

Chinese soldiers were willing to sacrafice themselves and as a result, they pushed U.S back to 38th parrall in korean war despite their crappy equipments..

personaly, i think north koreans have more willingness to fight cuz they are brainwashed into a degree of "nuts"

Forum Member PLABuddy has been permanently banned.
He has failed several times to follow the forum rules and the warnings from me and the other moderators.

And to the rest of you in this thread:
Please read the forum rules again, especially the part about images (#10)...
It's not nice to "steal" other sites bandwidth.. ;)
Upload your images to free image servers, or link directly to the images instead.
If you do use images from official sources, then please post a source as well.

Thanks. :)

Ohh oops sorry about the stealing bandwith. Will keep that in mind next time. :oops:

As for Zaytun, it's an Arab word for something but I'm not sure what it means... I'll go digging.

Back