South Korean Marine pictures

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
Marine with K-2 rifle and K-201 grenade launcher (basically an M-201 adjusted to fit on the K-2 rifle). Note the paint scheme of the RoKMC AAV-7.
K2K201Marine.jpg

Marines hanging around at a defense position.
RoKMCK2K201.jpg

Two RoK Marines on the back of a USMC AAV-7 during a joint exercise.
USROKMCtraining.jpg

Nice. 13th, without violating any OPSEC or PERSEC restrictions are there any pictures from the island you can share?

Here's one. No landmarks, no guard posts, no nothing. A photo that could have been taken in my own back yard (happy, authorities???). And for good measure, it's blurry!

SAWgunner.jpg

That's me with the M249 SAW with the standard 30 round magazine attached.

M1 Steel Helmet w/ Liners?!?!?!?!?!

It's the 21st Century, I figured that Uncle Sam would have given my South Korean Allies some free PASGAT Helmets.

Nice pics Sgt.

Makes me miss the the smell of the pines and the paddies co-mingling in the last pic.

OB anyone?

M1 Steel Helmet w/ Liners?!?!?!?!?!

It's the 21st Century, I figured that Uncle Sam would have given my South Korean Allies some free PASGAT Helmets.

It's not made of steel but the shape is the same.
I know it's really sad. This is the sort of crap that I had to put up with. Like I said, if a war came along, chances are I would just "lose" my helmet. I figure I won't be losing too much protection by doing so.
Actually there are new helmets that are being issued to South Korean troops but of course it's Army first. A few units have them, most don't. My unit didn't.
I thought it was so sad. Even the Chinese seem to have better helmets.
That old model M-1 helmet is horrible. If you've got a pack on, you cannot aim your rifle prone because it will get caught on your sleeping back and cover your eyes blind.
But we still did our jobs.

Back