South Korea adopt new emblem for its air force

taesu_99

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200504/kt2005040417235011990.htm

Air Force Updates Emblem

The Air Force said Monday it has revised its emblem Taeguk design on aircrafts after 57 years as part of efforts to instill a sense of pride in the country's Air Force.

The Taeguk design is the national symbol featuring a blue and red yin-yang circle. The circle, divided equally into a blue portion below and a red portion above, represents the dual cosmic forces of yin (blue) and yang (red).

The new design added three solid bars, called kon, both sides of the Taeguk mark, replacing red lines both sides of the mark and blue outlines for the previous one. Kon, which is located in the upper-hand corner of the national flag, denotes ``heaven.''

The change in design was implemented to promote the image and pride of the Air Force on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the country's liberation from Japan's 1910-1945 colonial rule, an Air Force officer said.

He said painting work for all airplanes, including F-15K jet fighters, will be completed by June next year.

NewROKAF.JPG

It's still a shameless ripoff of the US aviation symbol, but then again, everything, including the RoKMC seal is a complete ripoff of the American counterpart.
Ah well.... we were too busy busting heads to come up with catchy designs :lol:

What, the emblem before wasn't honorable enough? I thought being unique was what made people prideful.

Looks like the Pepsi symbol to me. Lol. Yes brand advertising has gone too far. Instead of one racing car, Pepsi now sponsors a whole air force.

But I can see where this would increase morale. Just imagine the tired and hot and thirsty ROK troops on the ground look up in the sky and see one of their planes fly by, then they will be reminded of a cool refreshing ice cold can of Pepsi.

But I can see why they would rip off the US symbols, since isn't SK military doctrince basicly handed down to them by the US, and didn't the US practicly raise up and retrain the SK army from the ground up after the war in order for better coordination.

Perhaps it would also be time for Finlands Air Force to change it logo because this is how it looks:

menu5.jpg

Nah seriously I don't think we need to change ours because we used that symbol a long time before the hitler adopted the swastika and ours isn't painted on the planes it's only the logo for brigades etc.

But most people don't belive their eyes when the see the Finnish Airforce Swastika.

Uh, yeah, that would catch my attention. I imagine the Finnish Air Force doesn't make many flights to Israel.

Well then war is here. Lol. Because this is rumored to be the next North Korean military symbol!

cokeNK.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know I thought it would be Dr. Pepper.

"North Korea, so misunderstood. If anyone would try it, they'd know communism's good..."

:twisted:

(yes, heavy sarcasm ;) )

Back