South Carolina Ammo Shortage

03USMC

A couple weeks ago it came to the attention of the ATF&E that ammunition was selling at an alarming rate in South Carolina. In fact most Wal-Marts and Gun stores were completely sold out of all ammunition.

Perhaps fearing a repeat of 1861 the ATF dispatched a team of agents to Columbia South Carolina. Upon arriving at the only Wal-Mart left in the area known to have ammunition they saw a man wheeling a shopping cart full of assorted rifle, handgun and shotgun ammunition from the store.

At this time the agents confronted the gentleman and demanded to know,

A. Why he needed so much Ammo?

&

B. Why was there such a demand for ammo?

The man looked at them like they were crazy, thought a moment and then said.

"Maybe you boys up to Washington ain't heard, but them damn Russkies done went and invaded Georgia. And by God if they think about comin to South Carolina we aim to fight em."

Hehe. If they HAD invaded Georgia, they woulda been met with some of the most proud people in the United States. I'd put some money on Georgia holding it's own till the rest of the nation sent help.

Hey! That's what I thought they meant! I thought I was going to have to change the blanks I have for the Thompson I use in WW2 Reenactments into live ammo.

I kinda wish they would try. Them Russians are getting alittle big for their britches. Just cause the Cold War is over, doesnt mean they are necessarily good guys. It'd be nice to have an excuse to teach em a lesson, American style.

Back