South America conflicts

Chocobo_Blitzer

Say, isn't the US SF consistently engaged in Columbia? Anyone wanna tell me more about this?

And in the 80's, wasn't there trouble down there? Didn't the US send marines or something?

Say, isn't the US SF consistently engaged in Columbia? Anyone wanna tell me more about this?

FARC and the AUC are at war and the government is In the Middle of It. What more is there to say, the US supports the government with SF, while the government has done little to actually stop either orginization from causing terror throughout the state. The AUC has done a better job with dealing with FARC then the government, and you will find people who will claim the US SF is somhow involved with Castano, just as they did when Los Pepes were around.

BTW, whats the latest on Castano? Ive heard everything that he was assasinated to he's hiding In Israel.

Delta Force helped kill Pablo Escobar, who was a drug dealer, and Los Pepes helped out in his capture. :cowb:

The only Bowden I read is Black Hawk Down (great read) but I saw a documentary on the History channell called "Killing Pablo" it was sweet. :cowb:

Yea I seen that too. The deltas trained the guys but I believe the real credit goes to the columbians who were kickin the doors down.

Pablo Escobar, leader of the Medellin cartel right, i knew the army snipers who brought down the top officals in his cartel, well actually i only know one of them but he is pretty cool.

and back to first topic, which problem in Columbia.

Columbia's main exports- 45% Cocaine, 45% Arms(guns), 10% Pot.

that export part was a joke, so if you are Columbian don't take it personal.

Which one? There is always a civil war somewhere in South America?
And no I don't recall any Marines being deployed to any "conflict" there in the 80's.

Grenada Operation Urgent Fury was an intervention to protect american and european students and citizens from a Cuban backed junta on the Island of Grenada in 1982.

Panama Operation Just Cause was an intervention mission to remove Gen. Maunel Noreiga from power in the Republic of Panama after the threats and deaths of several american servicemen and citizens.Noriega was also the subject of narcotic trafficing warrants. U.S. Forces intervened in Dec. 1989.

Back