South Africa's Tank Situation

HindStrike

As we all know, South Africa's Olifants need replacement. These updated Centurions are beyond long in the tooth and I was thinking about how the Netherlands is retiring the last of their Leopard 2A6's and they denied the sale to Indonesia. This would be perfect as they are relatively new, cheap and can be upgraded further to the A7 standard. They can handle any threat in Africa and the Dutch and Germans wouldn't mind giving them to South Africa.

Last I heard the Oilifants were laid up due to lack of spares, and the wheeled stuff like the G5 and G6 was sold off. Unless I was given duff gen again.

I heard similar. Lack of money being the big one.
Dont the leapards need big upgrades so that they are more user friendly in the African conditions??? Especially environmental controls.
We had similar issues with the tanks we purchase. Costs a fortune in crew comfort upgrades.

Retro fitted beer fridge!.

Not just the beer fridge mate, them tanks gotta be modified with a rear deck to mount the deck chairs and barbie. Environment's hell out here without the beer fridge and barbie and a bloke has to have somewhere to sit when drinking!

:lol:

Not just the beer fridge mate, them tanks gotta be modified with a rear deck to mount the deck chairs and barbie. Environment's hell out here without the beer fridge and barbie and a bloke has to have somewhere to sit when drinking!

:lol:

You forgot the umbrella to keep the sun off Kev.:-D

You know speaking of the BBQ, they incoorperated a BBQ for us in the M109A5 Paladin. Now we can cook our crappy MRE's while we are rolling, heat water to shave, all that good stuff. Your food only comes out slightly exaust flavored. Delicious...:peace:

Back