South African police tie suspect to police van and drag him along road

Yes it is, and a lot more besides. Women motorists are pulled over by cops and raped, evidence is planted to get a conviction, I saw a cop buying pot/weed/dagga whatever you want to call it from a drug dealer. I wish I had a camera I'd have put his face all over the national newspapers. On top of that, corruption is rife, they sell issue firearms to criminals, and other crimes. Police have been found to take part in "Cash in Transit Heists" wearing police uniforms and carrying issue weapons.

The ex head of the police Jackie Selebi was going to become head in Interpol until he was found to be up to his neck in crime. On 10 September 2007, the National Prosecuting Authority issued a warrant of arrest for Selebi for corruption, fraud, racketeering and defeating the ends of justice. Selebi was found guilty of corruption on 2 July 2010 and sentenced to 15 years imprisonment on 3 August 2010. His appeal against his sentence was rejected by the Supreme Court of Appeal on 2 December 2011, after the court unanimously ruled against him. However, he was released on medical parole in July 2012, thanks to intervention by the government.

My son joined the South African Police a few years ago, during training one of his class mates died, the police college commander did a massive cover up and claimed it was an accident. It wasn't, the instructors killed him. All the trainees were told never to talk about the incident. My son said "F:cen:K this, I'm not going to be part of of an organisation like these tossers," then he bailed.

I would never trust the police here, there are some good'uns, but the majority are rotten to the core.

Last edited:
I also had a run in with the Sheriff of the court, he strolled into my gun shop and declared that he was going behind the counter to take some guns out of my vault belonging to a customer of mine. He never showed me any I.D. or any paperwork, I didn't know him from Adam. To cut a long story short, he never went around the counter into my vault, but he did show me his I.D. and some paperwork.

Yeah... it's pretty grim all round. And what those cops did is disgusting. Of course... we only see one side of the story as usual, and hear another. The truth gets lost somewhere in between, sadly.

When I consider the amount of crap that the police here have to put up with... well, sometimes I don't blame them.

Some of my best friends are on the police force here, and when I hear the things they have to say, it paints a pretty horrible picture all round.

What I don't understand is why people stay here if it's so horrible. I love this country, flaws and all, and I could never EVER imagine living anywhere else and calling it 'home'.

Yeah... it's pretty grim all round. And what those cops did is disgusting. Of course... we only see one side of the story as usual, and hear another. The truth gets lost somewhere in between, sadly.

Well I'm not sure he deserved to be dragged behind a vehicle and then beaten to death in custody?

No... As I said, it was disgusting what happened. But the media likes to hype things up too. And really, there's no such thing as the 'truth' when it comes to the media. So I take everything I read with a pinch of salt.

Yes I know the incident was filmed. I've watched it several times. It doesn't make it right. Whatever the reason behind what actually happened, we'll none of us likely ever know. Because we don't know what happened leading up to the incident and we don't actually know what happened after, except by witness accounts that can vary from person to person.

I would say that no one deserves that... but actually: lots of people deserve that... rapists, people who abuse women and children, terrorists, people who abuse animals... the list could go on.

Personally, I don't think it's been hyped up by the media. It's just brought to attention the blatant corruption and violence within the SA police.

The police officers made sure we'll never know the real truth behind it.

It's pretty unlikely that there was anything leading up to the incident that could be used to justify such treatment. We don't know what happened afterwards, except someone died while in police custody.

Such "treatment" may be deserved for those found guilty of serious crimes. Just not those being arrested.

What will happen if the inquiry decides to prosecute these cops?

Surely anything less than a murder charge for one of them, and accessory to murder for the rest is scandalous and what would the result of lesser charges be?

Would the people riot in outrage?

I don't know how things work in South Africa if something like this happens. I can only draw from what I saw when the whole Mark Duggan death and subsequent rioting in the UK... That was scary.

Obviously, it was protesting that turned into a nation of angry people's excuse to take out their anger and frustration. Unfounded anger and frustration, but still. Would the same thing happen in South Africa?

Or would the Police react to any protests with overwhelming force?

Any thoughts, Freya, Brit?

I have plenty of thoughts, as I said there are a few good'uns (cops) but I wouldn't trust the majority as far as I could throw them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meqSjgMKv-I"]South African police open fire on striking Lonmin miners - Rough Cuts - YouTube[/ame]

and again

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=botEmqHMHu4"]South African Police Brutality in Vaalwater 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Sadly all too many South Africans would rather bury their heads in the sand rather then face the reality of what's going on.

Last edited:
Is the white policemen killed abused the black? It is too cruely, I condemn it. If it true, these bad policemen should be hang.

No its not white policemen abusing blacks, this was done by black police.

Not only did they drag him behind a police vehicle, they beat him to death while in custody.

There is a saying, "No one treats a black person worse then another black person."

"No one treats a black person worse then another black person."?????????
you are lying, see this picture, the white hang the black people in 1920S`
,the crime was the black guys Sexual harassment one white woman.

No its not white policemen abusing blacks, this was done by black police.

Not only did they drag him behind a police vehicle, they beat him to death while in custody.

There is a saying, "No one treats a black person worse then another black person."

Last edited by a moderator:

Your trolling is rather tiresome now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you stpupid? I just said the truth, we can provide more pictures the white killed abuse the black. And European rob the resource from African and no return the African people during colonize, that is why the African regions still trap in poverty by now.
Your trolling is rather tiresome now.

Are you stpupid? I just said the truth, we can provide more pictures the white killed abuse the black. And European rob the resource from African and no return the African people during colonize, that is why the African regions still trap in poverty by now.

No ones denying past atrocities.

All you seem to do is post negatives about "the west" on a forum predominantly visited by "westerners". It's boring and tedious now.

Africa is still in poverty due to corruption amongst the leaders and governments. They receive a lot of aid which never reaches those who need it. Why are African leaders so well off?

No I am not lying, you have obviously never seen a necklacing where a tyre is put around another persons neck, or over their bodies covered in petrol and set on fire. It was invented by blacks to punish those blacks who worked for whites.

You are an idiot quite frankly.

Attachments

• kaya-criminal-11.jpg
    kaya-criminal-11.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 5
  • criminal-3.jpg
    criminal-3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
lol ,you not only the idiot ,but also a racist! You find the pictures show black killed black , to improve the white guys killed and slaved the black people is OK?was not a big problem? You want cover the crimes the white slaved and discriminate the black for a long times.

No I am not lying, you have obviously never seen a necklacing where a tyre is put around another persons neck, or over their bodies covered in petrol and set on fire. It was invented by blacks to punish those blacks who worked for whites.

You are an idiot quite frankly.

Back