This Sounds Like A Smart Thing To Do~~~~

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]THIS SOUNDS LIKE A SMART THING TO DO~~~~ [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]Paramedics will turn to a victim's cell phone for clues to that person's identity. You can make their job much easier with a simple idea that they are trying to get everyone to adopt: ICE. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]ICE stands for In Case of Emergency. If you add an entry in the contacts list in your cell phone under ICE, with the name and phone no. of the person that the emergency services should call on your behalf, you can save them a lot of time and have your loved ones contacted quickly. It only takes a few moments of your time to do. Paramedics know what ICE means and they look for it immediately. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]ICE your cell phone NOW! [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]Please pass this one along. [/FONT]

The simplest ideas are usually some of the smartest ideas, and something that MOST people NEVER think about.

ths_thumbup.gif
Very good idea Senior.
ths_thumbup.gif

It is in my cell phone now. I believe all people should put ICE on their cell phones if they have one. heh.....

We've had that in Australia for some time. Telstra and the Federal Gov were trying to get everyone to do it, but nobody really ended up doing it.

I think I will do that...

But if I put Ice in my cell phone, won't the water mess it up when it melts???

Duh... j/k

Chief Bones said:
The simplest ideas are usually some of the smartest ideas, and something that MOST people NEVER think about.

ths_thumbup.gif
Very good idea Senior.
ths_thumbup.gif

I wish I had thought of it, I simply passed it along.

Team Infidel said:
I think I will do that...

But if I put Ice in my cell phone, won't the water mess it up when it melts???

Duh... j/k

If we break it down to the elements before you let it melt you are OK. If you don't have the dewatering button on your phone you might try to log on to www.iputiceinmycellphoneandnowitssparkingwhenitrytotalk.com

Doh!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I simply do not thrust electronics in case of emergency, sorry.

I stick to my old pair of dog tags with blood type and social security number engraved..

ICE is a nice idea; but ICE the hard engraved metal is better in my humble opinion.

Its in mine already...When people use my cell phone, everyone asks ,"Who is Ice? Is he a cool guy?" Haha...Then I explain it to them and they usually put it in their phones too.

sunb! said:
I simply do not thrust electronics in case of emergency, sorry.

I stick to my old pair of dog tags with blood type and social security number engraved..

ICE is a nice idea; but ICE the hard engraved metal is better in my humble opinion.

I stopped wearing the dog tags when I retired. I carry one on my keychain but I'm sure it would take longer to find me with the dog tag than it would by calling ICE. I have mine programmed as 0 ICE. Numbers come up before letters on my phone.

Senior Chief said:
I stopped wearing the dog tags when I retired. I carry one on my keychain but I'm sure it would take longer to find me with the dog tag than it would by calling ICE. I have mine programmed as 0 ICE. Numbers come up before letters on my phone.

I don't know how the system is in the USA, but over here if the medics have your social security number at hand they dispatch it directly to the hospital or to the police at the scene.

But as long as you are satisfied with your ICE stick with it :cheers:

(I do have an ICE on my phone, did so this morning)

I do the ICE thing, but usually carry my next of kin contact details with me anyway, as part of emergency preparedness.

^^^Yea...If they didnt find ICE, they'd find Mom Cell, Dad Cell, Grandma Cell, Grandma 2 Cell, Aunt Molly Cell, Aunt Mellissa Cell...you get the picture. Im well connected.

sunb! said:
I don't know how the system is in the USA, but over here if the medics have your social security number at hand they dispatch it directly to the hospital or to the police at the scene.

But as long as you are satisfied with your ICE stick with it :cheers:

(I do have an ICE on my phone, did so this morning)

You misunderstood a bit. My dog tag is so old that it doesn't have a social security number on it, my original service number is all that is listed on it.

I have plenty of I.D. for someone to ID me by. My DNA is on record just in case I get wiped out totally and they just find a few cells of me.

Senior Chief said:
You misunderstood a bit. My dog tag is so old that it doesn't have a social security number on it, my original service number is all that is listed on it.

RA 186 549 82 The last thing the induction station told us was to have it memorized before we got to Ft. Polk. :salute2: Now, I can't forget it.

Missileer said:
RA 186 549 82 The last thing the induction station told us was to have it memorized before we got to Ft. Polk. :salute2: Now, I can't forget it.

Mine was only 7 characters. x xx xx xx

I'd put it down but it is one of those unique numbers that I use for my passwords, nobody knows it but me!

Back