This Sounds About Right......

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomtom22

Chief Engineer
THIS SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT......

An Indian walks into a cafe with a shotgun in one hand and pulling a male buffalo with the other.

He says to the waiter, "Want coffee."

The waiter says, "Sure, Chief, coming right up." He gets the Indian a tall mug of coffee.
The Indian drinks the coffee down in one gulp, turns and blasts the buffalo with the shotgun, causing parts of the animal to splatter every where, then just walks out.

The next morning the Indian returns.
He has his shotgun in one hand and pulling another male buffalo with the other.

He walks up to the counter and says to the waiter, "Want coffee."

The waiter says, "Whoa, Tonto! We're still cleaning up your mess from yesterday.
What was all that about, anyway?"
The Indian smiles and proudly says...
"Training for upper management position in United States Government:
Come in, drink coffee, shoot the bull, leave mess for others to clean up, disappear for rest of day."

:roll:

Hey, I resemble that guy! (I mean, why else would I be in the office at 2050 EST on a Friday night?)

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the mods, I think it's important to point out that this post is, in fact racist. It really depicts a degrading stereotype for Native Americans, particularly when the bartender refers to him as "Tonto".

I've served with several native Americans throughout my career and know that they were sensitive to such stereotypes. There really was no need to use an "Indian" as the subject of the joke, it could just as easily have been a homeless guy or something without having to make it offensive.

I like the military discussions on this board, but I'm disappointed in the double standards and the juvenile approach to some of the humor. I would have expected better from military professionals.

Again just my opinion. NOt my kind of humor. Hate and humor don't mix in my world.

Insight said:
At the risk of incurring the wrath of the mods, I think it's important to point out that this post is, in fact racist. It really depicts a degrading stereotype for Native Americans, particularly when the bartender refers to him as "Tonto".

I've served with several native Americans throughout my career and know that they were sensitive to such stereotypes. There really was no need to use an "Indian" as the subject of the joke, it could just as easily have been a homeless guy or something without having to make it offensive.

I like the military discussions on this board, but I'm disappointed in the double standards and the juvenile approach to some of the humor. I would have expected better from military professionals.

Again just my opinion. NOt my kind of humor. Hate and humor don't mix in my world.

I think you've done enough whining about "the wrath of the Mods." You aren't a victim, stop acting like one.

As for the above post, we have a report feature learn to use it.

Topic locked and under review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back