Sound Off, Marine DEPers!

silent driller

OK Devil Pups! Gimme a holler if you go to boot camp in August '05! Others can shout me out, too! I just wanna see who I may see on The Island!

I leave 7 March 2005 but am going to change that until September 2005 when the mountain passes open...gots to get high altitude training

OOORAH!!

BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BEEE!!! IN THE MARIIIIINEEES!!

Currently its 7 March 2005, I asked my recruiter to change it to September but he never got back to me; though the Gunny called me up and yelled at me

I'm going to Camp Pe...San Diego

i don't know the exact date but sometime after August 20th 2005 i believe.

unfortunately i won't see you as i am going to San Diego not Parris Island

I don't want to barge in here, but can a Sr. in High School enter DEP at the beginning of the school year? Also, what comes with being in DEP? What is it exactly? I thought it was a period where they put you on a workout program and you follow it until you reach your goal, is that right? You don't get paid, right?
Thanks,
Lamm

I believe so, just from noticing half of our DEP guys seem to be 17 or so waiting to get out of school. Theres one kid that looks to be much younger.

You don't get paid. Your pay starts when you hit basic.

We have mandatory meetings once a month on a weekend to get together, do some fun activities that build morale and meet your fellow recruits as well as get you prepared by offering activities like swimming, shooting, weekly running, and fitness stuff. You will also be in contact with your recruiter weekly or so and they make sure you graduate HS and don't get into trouble that would disqualify you.

-HootOwl

You can enlist as soon your a senior, actually before that, as long as you plan on leaving as soon as you grad (sometime in May i think) you can enlist anytime after that but not before may of your Junior year (or the month of your grad), down to the day of when you leave up to a year, once you pass the year mark in DEP you got to reenlist (you have to have a damn good reason to not leave before a year is up)

Okay, so I'll be a Junior next year, I would want to sign up the first day of my Sr. year?
I will graduate sometime in June, mid June. I will want to leave for boot either mid July or sometime in August. What should I do for each?
Thanks,
Lamm

I'm officially in the DEP as of August 19, 2005... my 17th birthday...

No clue when I'm going to Boot, but I'm gonna request the Island, even though I live in Alaska.

Back