Sorry! I need DRESS advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh. First of all, I really do apologize for all the "girly" topics, but I am in desperate need of some help with this one! I'll try to make it the last! I'm sorry!

Anyway, I can't decide between Mod edit= Shouldn't that be "among"? :lol: Brittany edit= No, it should not. Now, Grammar Nazi Jr. (I am the ORIGINAL Grammar Nazi), may I please remove this conversation that occurred in the middle of my sentence, so as not to disrupt my little dress helpers? While you're here, will you at least give *your* opinion on the dresses? :lol: I got into a huge argument about deleting "mod edits", but this one is truly disruptive!four dresses. Now, I probably won't get these EXACT ones because, well, I'd need to try it on and not just order it online. They have almost the EXACT same ones at a store near me, but the pictures aren't online, so I found these. Now, I'll be wearing it in November for my birthday party and I just want to 'step it up a notch' from last year when I just wore a top and black pants. Besides, I haven't really found that "Little Black Dress", so maybe this will be it (???). Which one of these (if any!) do you like best?

http://www.edresme.com/dresses231.html

OR:

http://www.edresme.com/dresses43.html

OR:

http://www.edresme.com/sexydresses4.html

OR:

http://www.edresme.com/homecoming71.html

Well, any thoughts? Oh, and you'd have to picture the third one in black. :D

K, well any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

~*Brittany*~

FutureHMSGrad said:
Anyway, I can't decide between Mod edit= Shouldn't that be "among"? :lol: Brittany edit= No, it should not. Now, Grammar Nazi Jr. (I am the ORIGINAL Grammar Nazi), may I please remove this conversation that occurred in the middle of my sentence, so as not to disrupt my little dress helpers? While you're here, will you at least give *your* opinion on the dresses? :lol: I got into a huge argument about deleting "mod edits", but this one is truly disruptive!four dresses.

You are wrong on this one, oh grammar Nazi wannabe. See how it feels to have your little inconsequential transgressions pointed out? It's anoying isn't it? If you stop, I will. ;)

The prepositions among and between are two of the most frequently misused words in the English language. Although these two prepositions have several different meanings, this issue of Grammatically Correct will discuss only one of their shared meanings: being in the middle of items, such as people, things, times or events.
While many people attempt to use these prepositions interchangeably, such use is simply not correct. Between should be used when discussing being in the middle of two items, and among should be used when discussing being in the middle of three or more items.
Grammatically Correct/University of Houston

Brittany Edit= ERR! Who is the dark-blue edit guy? Is it still Redneck, or is it Redleg? Anyway, your post should look like the following:

"You are wrong on this one, ["oh" wannabe] [G]rammar Nazi ["wannabe" is slang, and thus, it should not be used. (I'll use whatver I like , whenever I please. You know nothing.) In any case, even if it WAS, it would need to be capitalized.]. [Do] [you] ee how it feels to have your little[,] inconsequential transgressions pointed out? It's a[n]noying[,] isn't it? If you stop, I will."

I'm sorry, Darling, but as for addressing the content of your post, I do not find it even the least bit annoying to have someone grab at straws, trying to find the smallest grammatical imperfection possibly. Believe it or not, I have been a member of www.imdb.com (a movie site) for the past two years, where I am well-known for my eloquent corrections and grammatical perfection. Of course, I occasionally make typing errors and such, and I am not bothered in the slightest. This is probably because I know that the ONE error they may find, is no comparison to the fifty, sixty, even seventy that I may find among their posts.

(For the record, I used "between" when there were just the two dresses, but then came bad and added more as I found them online. That is why the first two dresses are cocktail and the last two are homecoming. ;)

2 + 2 = 4 ergo you must use the word among.
Mod edit: Wrong again, oh insulting one. The word "one" refers to a single issue and the phrase is equivalent to "on this one issue" ergo, "on" is correct. The point that you have missed is that it is in very poor taste to correct the mistakes of others in the internet. This is not your high school clique of one so try to be more mature. I know it's difficult when you likely don't do it in your everyday existence, but give it a try. You see, none of us is perfect. Strive to be more accepting of others and they will be more accepting of you.

I'm not even going to address that; it was rude. In any case, may I delete this entire conversation that occurred in the middle of my post? I understand that I got in trouble for deleting a "mod edit" before, but this one is excessive and unfair. If not, I request that you delete this thread, and I'll make a new one, free of grammatical errors and corrections.

You lose! So sorry, adios!

HMMMM! Interesting! I can't believe no one has gone for #2 yet! I think I'm going back and forth between #1 and #2. I'm only stressing the #2 because Jessica Simpson (as much as she irks me) wore something VERY similar to that, and I unfortunately have her body type, but it looked pretty on her, so maybe it would on me too (?). That's my only thinking. Aside from that, I really like #1, but I think I'd have to convince my parents to not kill me if I wore something that low-cut. :lol:

071505_jessica_simpson300.jpg

Now that isn't EXACTLY the one I'm thinking of that she wore (the one I'M thinking of was red and in People magazine), but it's close enough.

LOL at Italian_Guy! hahaha I really HAVEN'T decided. I'm really going back and forth between 1 and 2. Everyone seems to like 1, so I'll probably go for that... maybe... ;) . hahaha I know that the boys will like it, but I might be uncomfortable in it, and that's where my reluctance lies. hahahaha

Wow! That's 3 for #4! lol My only concern is the hips. :( That'll cling to them like no tomorrow and I'll look like some 30 year old woman! haha I want to look young. What about #1 or #2? Which one out of those do you think?

FutureHMSGrad said:
Wow! That's 3 for #4! lol My only concern is the hips. :( That'll cling to them like no tomorrow and I'll look like some 30 year old woman! haha I want to look young. What about #1 or #2? Which one out of those do you think?

I don't like either 1 or 2. 1 looks like a robe for some reason and 2 is too low cut for me. And 3......don't do that one. 4 is just.....perfect. ;) :)

I'm telling ya though. . . I really don't think that I can pull off #4. That's for stick figures, not for curvy ones. :lol: I just thought it was pretty, so I put it on there, but the more I think about, only #'s 1 and 2 were DESIGNED to hide hips. Here, these are my only other options: (I think you'll agree that 1 and 2 were the best, and if not, please post which one of THESE you like the best for a 17 year old girl!)

http://www.edressme.com/hipscocktail.html

EDIT: This one is KIND OF pretty too, but maybe too old (?):

http://www.edressme.com/blackdresses3.html

FutureDevilDog said:
the one you edited in will definatley make your but look big, I think, don't take my word for it.

LOL!!! My butt is fine! My legs are skinny, my arms are skinny, everything else is perfect. . . It's just the HIPS dear! LOL

C/2nd Lt Robot said:
FutureDevilDog said:
Hips, butt, legs, whatever, all the same to me. 8)
I agree 8)

:roll: Oh my God. Boys at their finest, I suppose! How could HIPS, BUTTS, and LEGS all be the same? You sit on your butt, walk with your legs, and well, hips serve absolutely no purpose aside from ruining my life, or at least my clothes-shopping habits. haha Yeah, so it pretty much ruins my life. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

depends
you want a dress for looks or functionality
whats the objective of the night? make the girls glare at you cuz you look good or attract a guy or just look "nice and pretty"

lol
one of the sluttier girls i am aquainted with once wore a boob tube and mini skirt to a party because (quote) accessibility, its easy to get off, and just as easy to put back on :shock:

Locke said:
depends
you want a dress for looks or functionality
whats the objective of the night? make the girls glare at you cuz you look good or attract a guy or just look "nice and pretty"

lol
one of the sluttier girls i am aquainted with once wore a boob tube and mini skirt to a party because (quote) accessibility, its easy to get off, and just as easy to put back on :shock:

That's....uhh, just really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back