Sorry I've been away for so long

wolfen

I bought a brand new computer, had windows Vista :) the latest and greatest from M/S.
Tried logging in here and got several firewall and security blockers that wouldn't let me in , also tried playing my favorite games and none of them worked either. Turns out my copy of vista was as good as a screen door on a submarine.

I can get online now again I solved teh Vista problem by purchaseing my own copy of Windows XP home, I would have got pro, but I have my own security programs.
Now getting vista off my computer was easy, I popped in the old win98se and if formated the hard drive fast as can be, but getting 98 off and xp on was fun.

Heres my new computer specs :) Emachine T5082, dvd burner, cdrom burner, 2 gig of ram, 169 gig hard drive, intel xp audio chip drivers.

I swear this computer now flys like a J79 on a skateboard :)

I've been gone for a LONG time too it seems....I haven't been on here in months...I'll have to make more of an effort to stop by more often =)

Anyway, welcome back! lol

Yeah it's not a good idea to use an OS as soon as it comes out.
But Vista's taking a long time to wear in.
I don't use it.

Some people have no problems at all with vista, I had no game issues at all with it I was playing Aces High and had better frame rates than the tech support guy LOL. But I needed the computers permission to go the the head, and the Microsoft vista mouse I paid $40 for didn't work on vista

CanadianCowgirl that horse looks like a dream :) Wish I could have one here, but alas, I'm confined to a city, only time I see a farm is on tv

aww that's too bad, you're missing out! lol. I spend hours just out in the woods, and my horses love going out as much as I do =)

All I do since I retired is spend hours either on the computer, fixing computers, or working on cars. thats the fun part, the work part is I fix the school's fences for the city school system here. so I do at least get to see some farmland every now and then. And Oceana NAS does still have the stables, but I think thats just a stable for those lucky enough to have a horse.

Back