As 'Sopranos' End Nears, So Does Tony's

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
As 'Sopranos' End Nears, So Does Tony's
NEW YORK (AP) - The next-to-last episode of "The Sopranos" found one member of Tony's crew meeting a bloody end, another in critical condition and even Tony getting terminated by his therapist. For the moment, Tony is still alive. But life has been falling apart for him all season, on many fronts,...

Slight spoiler below -Read at your own risk.

One thing that wrong about the Sopanoes this is that all the major guys are getting axed at the end. In the real Mafia, most guys don't survive past 40 intact. They are either in Jail, Flipped, go Legit, or are killed. The mob is a revolving door. Had the Sopranoes wished to be more accurate it would have shown this; and some of the characters would have been written out long ago.

Oops - here we go again! No, actually. Good and fine point there, but hey.Great television to a degree. We have lost a few chiefs along the way of course. We are a series behind. Tony and his responsibility was well drawn.

I am not getting off thread in saying that, despite the mob, I really love the Italians. They sure are my kind of people. I did great business with them for years and years, and among them were the very best of guys and friends. Of course I am from East London and there, until recently, could be found the descendants of the remnants of The Roman garrison which stood for hundreds of years and involved a lot of abandoned inter-marriage families when they had to leave.
So who knows. Anyway - great series, sorry it has finished, I will miss it.

Last edited:
Back