Sonics All-Star Allen out indefinitely

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor

Associated Press

SEATTLE - Seattle guard Ray Allen has a bruised bone in his right ankle and will meet with doctors on Thursday to determine when he will be able to play.
An MRI revealed the contusion Wednesday, one day after Allen missed Seattle's win over Atlanta with what the team initially announced was a strained tendon in his right foot.
The Sonics released a statement Wednesday evening that said Allen's status for Friday's home game against New Orleans is "yet to be determined." The 11th-year veteran and six-time All-Star leads Seattle in scoring at 25.3 points per game.
Allen didn't sound overly concerned about the injury before he missed his first game of the season Wednesday. He called it discomfort.
"It's giving me a lot of uncomfortableness when I move to my right side," said Allen, who missed four games last season. "I've always said if you're injured, you don't play. You sit down."
Allen said he first noticed the injury on Saturday during pregame warmups at Utah. He couldn't recall any missteps a night earlier at home against Indiana, but nearly pulled himself out against the Jazz. Trainer Mike Shimensky was able to adjust inserts in Allen's shoes and he scored a game-high 33 points through the discomfort - including 20 in the fourth quarter of a two-point Sonics loss.

Back