son signed on five more years

Sara

Shepherdess
I'm proud of him and scared also, but it does make you stronger. He's a new man and I'm watching him grow from afar. I think he'll be talking one into joining and the eldest is going for the Union Ironworker for the other. , we'll see. It's a tough job but someone has to do it-and that's both jobs. Funny how they still compete at this age. Proud of my boys and really hoping they make the right choices for themselves.
Infantry school , and air assault?,Ranger, still not familiar with it all but happy for him, he's doing it all. Loves it. It's good to see your children doing what they want in life. Bless them all.

Last edited:
PoetSarah you have a right to be proud of them all.

I must admit I loved every minute of my service, even the crappy parts, we got to see things that most civilians don't AND we got paid for it!

These are the things which get the parents through, knowing others don't regret and loved it. Thanks,:smile:

If he is a prior signing up for Ranger he probably has a rather firm grasp of what he is getting himself into.

Tell him to embrace the suck and FIDO from me.

KJ sends..

In all honesty I wish I was back in the military, even after all these years I miss it.

I often sit and think about the times we had and begin to chuckle at some of the stunts we pulled and got away with, or stunts we pulled and didn't get away with, and had to pay the price. It was bloody brilliant fun and I'd do it all again if I could. :thumb:

Last edited:
Well Brit.
You were lucky my friend. There are many things I personally do not want to experience again. Unfortunately, our children are thrown into it again.
We never learn.

He loves it and I'm proud of him.Being a mom I'm afraid, but his bravery is unbelievable. The experience has done wonders and I'm watching him become a man, always up front and ready to go. On the one hand I'm scared to death, but the other so proud of my son beyond words.
This may be a decision by our country but, the ones brave enough to volunteer, I have respect. when it comes down to it we need to. We'll know years from now if it was done well, I hope to see that it was.:salute2: Will the radicals finally realize we're doing it for the good of our world? Only time will tell. When you're taught from birth that we are the enemy it's going to take time, and plenty of it. Is it possible? This is where hope begins.

Last edited:
Well Brit.
You were lucky my friend. There are many things I personally do not want to experience again. Unfortunately, our children are thrown into it again.
We never learn.
That's what my grandfather always said after WWII. Never again, and then came the war in Korea.
Although there were things in the war he did not want to relive, then he was always ready to pick up the sword if evil should poke its head again.

He loves it and I'm proud of him.Being a mom I'm afraid, but his bravery is unbelievable. The experience has done wonders and I'm watching him become a man, always up front and ready to go. On the one hand I'm scared to death, but the other so proud of my son beyond words.
This may be a decision by our country but, the ones brave enough to volunteer, I have respect. when it comes down to it we need to. We'll know years from now if it was done well, I hope to see that it was.:salute2: Will the radicals finally realize we're doing it for the good of our world? Only time will tell. When you're taught from birth that we are the enemy it's going to take time, and plenty of it. Is it possible? This is where hope begins.
You worry - it's a mom thing, and it is a sign of love.
You should know that your love and support for you son gives him the mental baggage that he needs. And you can rest assured that we out there are taking care of each other. Your son is also my brother.

You should know that it's you, it's mom, dad, sister, brother, wife, fiance, children and the rest of a soldier's family who are the greatest heroes in this. You are left with fear and hope, without being able to influence the situation. It is hard, I know from my own family. What you go through deserves respect.

So Sarah, I salute you :salute2:
God bless you and your family.

Thank you 42RM. It means a lot to hear that, especially from someone who knows and has been there. To me, ya'll are the heroes.

Back