Son of Osama Bin Laden cometh.

Del Boy

Here is an interesting proposition raised by a recent documentary.

Osama Bin Laden's son has applied to live in Britain.

Should we view this application as the pinnacle of recognition of Britain's majority culture as the most tolerant, liberal and fair-minded people on earth?

hahaha...
anyways. Assuming it's a different guy, he's his own man.
If Luke Skywalker can waste Darth Vader, anything's possible.

Watching the documentary, he comes across as a pleasant, relaxed character. Makes no bones that he loves his dad, because he is his dad, and they go their own ways. Like most Bin Ladens, I imagine he is wealthy guy.

Heard a bit about this on the radio on the way to work. He said something about how when it was Osama against Russia in Afghanistan it was a war but now that it is Osama against the US it is terrorism. He refuses to call his Dad a terrorist even though much of the world has already branded him as such.

Seems to me the guy just needs someone to love him. Oh wait, didn't he hook up with some Cougar?

Reminds me of a bit of History...

In WWII, Herman Goering's nephew Werner Goering flew missions against Germany as a US Army B-17 pilot. He was investigated by the FBI beforehand and his co-pilot had secret orders to shoot him if he tried anything. He had a distinguished war record, and his crew spoke highly of him.

Herman Goering other brother Albert Goering was a vocal anti-nazi, who was executed with his Polish neighbors because he refused to abandon them to the SS extermination squads.

The point is: Don't punish the son for the sins of the father. Be wary and keep an eye on him yes. But every man deserves his own destiny.

As long as OBL son has no connection with terrorism himself, I have no problem.

I agree 100%
He is not his brother, he is not his father. He is himself. Judge him for what he's worth.

Reminds me of a bit of History...

In WWII, Herman Goering's nephew Werner Goering flew missions against Germany as a US Army B-17 pilot. He was investigated by the FBI beforehand and his co-pilot had secret orders to shoot him if he tried anything. He had a distinguished war record, and his crew spoke highly of him.

Herman Goering other brother Albert Goering was a vocal anti-nazi, who was executed with his Polish neighbors because he refused to abandon them to the SS extermination squads.

The point is: Don't punish the son for the sins of the father. Be wary and keep an eye on him yes. But every man deserves his own destiny.

As long as OBL son has no connection with terrorism himself, I have no problem.

small correction-Albert Goering was not executed, he died in 1966 but indeed he was anti-nazi.

Back