Something you might like...

--
Boots

January 25th, 2004  
Friendly Civilian

Topic: Something you might like...

First of all, a BIG Thank you to the administrator for letting me post this! 8)
I recently opened a forum (end of december) it is to find friends to hang out with or to talk to (not a dating site!), it is targeted more for people who just moved to a new region and would like to meet friends and do activities together. I thought since the people in the military are stationed all over the place, they and their families could also benefit from this forum, to find some local non-military friends. If you could maybe check it out and spread the word, I would be very thankful!
Here is the link, but please remember this place is brand new, and the searchengines haven't picked it up yet. But they will and this place will be awesome!
www.MovedWhatNow.com feel free to sign up!

And thanks

I am as my name suggests not in the military myself, so I doubt it that I really would have much to talk about this topic, but if any of you would like to visit that site and talk about other interest than military, I welcome all of you

Admin: I really like your site, you did a great job! Also as promised I will add your link to my site as a thank you!

sz.

ETA: I am not sure if this is the right topic to post this , so please move it if I placed it wrong, thanks!
January 25th, 2004  
Redleg

You have a good site idea there!
I hope it will be successful!

Good Luck!
January 25th, 2004  
Friendly Civilian

thank you!
--
Boots
January 26th, 2004  
Redneck

Good luck, and welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry too much about being a civilian, half the members are, no stigma about it.
January 26th, 2004  
Friendly Civilian

Thank you Redneck for the warm welcome! I am running two forums, which keep me busy plus ya know real life...but I will definitely drop in here once in a while...how could I totally stay away now after such a firendly welcome from you guys

I used to know some people in the military, since I live in CO springs, which has the airforce academy, fort carson and peterson AB... but they all moved away by now.
January 26th, 2004  
Redneck

Oh, we're good at wooing people, practicing so we can get stationed in Malibu as recruiters.
January 26th, 2004  
Friendly Civilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Oh, we're good at wooing people, practicing so we can get stationed in Malibu as recruiters.
I see LOL, well good luck!

I have a question: what are the gears? and how to get them? thanks
January 26th, 2004  
Redneck

The gear is tack you can buy with milbucks (all the "special" things around our names next to our posts, like the flags, and the colors and the avatars):
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...opic.php?t=345

The above link will explain the ways to earn milbucks.
Once you get some milbucks, head over to the PX:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...opic.php?t=358
where you can buy gear.
January 27th, 2004  
Friendly Civilian

Topic: thanks redneck,

see i got my first gear yey
January 27th, 2004  
Redneck

Haha, lookin good!