Something to help you sleep better at night...

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/12/13/vlasikhaphones.shtml

A number of telephone lines have been cut at the headquarters of the Russian Strategic Missile Troops in Vlasikha near Moscow.

The disconnection was caused by a technical failure, a source in the headquarters was quoted by Interfax news agency as saying.

“The disconnection has not affected the administration of troops, as military communications systems are unaffected and we can use mobile phones for the time being,” the source added.

The agency failed to reach the press service of the troops for comment, evidently because of the lack of functioning phone lines.

I will certainly sleep better knowing that the country with the second largest nuclear arsenal has trouble maintaining command and control communications with its strategic missile command centre.
:-(

bulldogg said:
I will certainly sleep better knowing that the country with the second largest nuclear arsenal has trouble maintaining command and control communications with its strategic missile command centre.
:-(

Gives you a warm, fuzzy doesn't it? I believe that Russia is even more of a World threat now that they are unencumbered with that pesky Cold War.:hide:

Gee, I feel sooooooo safe knowing that my Sovi...err... Russian Allies have complete control of their nuclear weapons pointed straight at the USA.

Man, I sometimes actually miss the Soviet Union. Sure, they were communist and they wanted to destory the free world. Also they equiped many a terrorist group and trained our enemies. But hey, at least they had a somewhat better control of their nuclear wepaons.

Actually, forget what I just said. Let's just go to Russia. And have AT&T, Bell South, or Sprint fix their phones. Maybe they could outsource their nuclear weapons missile command to SAC or NORAD here in the USA.

Telephone exchange?

:hide: .......:hide: ........:hide:.. :hide: ......:hide:.. :hide:....... :hide:.. :hide:
Just because that pesky wall was torn down, it soesn't mean the problems
with the USSR are over. The defucnt union even at it's most powerful was
"lasz-a-faire" when it came to cleaning up it's own messes and things haven't
changed very much since the last of the wall disappeared.

:hide: ..:hide:........... :hide: ....:hide:......... :hide: .......................:hide:

Geez, no command and control over the nukes, and then I read yesterday they had an explosion at a nuclear power plant because a smelter blew up in one of the reactor buildings? Scary.

Wow, guess I need to start rethinking that bombshelter in the backyard :hide: . I have to go along with sending AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon out their to handle their lines. Kinda makes you wish no one had nukes, huh?

Back