Some recruits could get $40,000 to sign up

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
If you are interested in joining.. PM me as soon as possible.. do it before you talk to a recruiter.

By Jim Tice - Staff writer
The Army is offering seasonal enlistment bonuses of up to $20,000 for various categories of recruits who agree to enter active duty by Sept. 30, the end of the fiscal year. The seasonal bonuses may be combined with the regular enlistment incentives announced in May that range from $1,000 to $25,000, depending on specialty and length of enlistment.
The total bonus amount may not exceed $20,000 for a two-year enlistment, $25,000 for a three-year hitch and $40,000 for enlistments of four, five and six years.
The special bonuses took effect July 25 as part of an aggressive recruiting and re-enlistment campaign designed to bolster end strength for fiscal 2007.
Partial bonus payments will be made upon completion of initial entry training and will not exceed $10,000. The remainder of the bonus will be paid in annual increments over the life of the enlistment.
Soldiers who do not complete their initial term of service must refund any unearned portion of their bonus.
Seasonal bonuses of $3,000 or $20,000 are authorized for qualified applicants who enter service to fill priority training seats as determined by the “Request” training system used by recruiters.
These type of bonuses normally are limited to new contracts, but under the campaign launched July 25 are available to recruits in the delayed entry program, as well as prior-service soldiers and applicants from the Navy and Air Force who are coming into the Army under the Blue to Green program.
Eligible categories for a seasonal bonus are:
• Non-prior service applicants who score in the upper half of the military entrance exam; who have a priority training seat, and who enlist for two to six years, regardless of MOS, are authorized a $20,000 bonus.
Applicants must complete enlistment processing within 30 days, and depart for active duty by Sept. 30.
• A $3,000 seasonal bonus is available for applicants who complete enlistment processing within one to 60 days, and depart for active duty by Sep. 30.
• Applicants who are in the Future Soldier Training Program (also called the delayed-entry program) are eligible for a $20,000 bonus if they ship by Aug. 27.
• Prior service soldiers and applicants from the Blue to Green program who separated from active duty more than 90 days ago, who enlist for three or more years in any MOS, are eligible for a $20,000 bonus if they ship within 30 days, or a $3,000 bonus if they ship within 31 to 60 days.
The bonuses are for new contracts only, and may not be combined with a regular Selective Re-enlistment Bonus or a Broken Service SRB.
•Former members of the National Guard and Army Reserve who are not affiliated with a unit are authorized a seasonal bonus if otherwise qualified.

Thats crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give the guys that have been in country a bonus or up the combat pay.

Thats crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give the guys that have been in country a bonus or up the combat pay.

Enlistment/Re-enlistment bonuses are paid out for one of two reasons. 1. It is a job very few can do, or 2. It is a job nobody wants to do.

Where I agree with you totally, from a budgetary standpoint they already spent what they needed to to get them in country.

That will certainly help Recruitment. I have a Navy paplet I picked up about 5 months ago, it has about the same mingled inside all the pictures of NSW guys, since it was a EOD info paplet. I don't think the Idea is that new. I talked to a Army guy at my high school at lunch about differences in the services as far as all this money stuff. Since he looked kinda bored , and didn't have all the flashy tiny footballs, and blue folders that the USAF guy has.

And , that was about 5 months ago 40,000 I think for the army, up to 40K for the Navy as well. Not trying to sound Gung Ho, and all hardcore. But, when I hopefully get my chance to join the Military, I would honesty volunteer, do if for free. I am not looking to be a rich man , with a long, uninteresting life, just to go do it.

Last edited:
wow, that is alot of money, i agree 100% with 03USMC. my buddy just got back from army bootcamp, and he gets $2,000 for every person he refers that goes to army boot camp.

Using the referral program, you get $1000 if they sign, and $1000 when they graduate basic/osut.

I got $18k for 6 years. But there is something called the quick ship bonus, so lots of guys who signed for 3 years got $20k + their original bonus.

I think the problem behind the idea is that it simply generates numbers. It doesnt give real return. People who WANT to join will join regardless of incentive or not. I wanted to join regardless, but if they will hand me $18k I will take it. Wouldnt you?

Tell you what, I will put that money to good use and buy you guys a drink.

Back