some questions about joining the army

KevinPruitt

Hi, my name is Kevin and i want to join the Army!! ;)

I have some questions!

1. As you can see, i live in germany. My dad told me some guys maybe treat me bad because i grew up in germany, what do you think about it? (my dad is american)
2. I think my english is not good enough. Do you think this gonna be a big problem?

Well, that was all for now.

Hi, my name is Kevin and i want to join the Army!! ;)

I have some questions!

1. As you can see, i live in germany. My dad told me some guys maybe treat me bad because i grew up in germany, what do you think about it? (my dad is american)

Not if you join the bundeswehr.. Well civilians might, but not your brothers in arms..

2. I think my english is not good enough. Do you think this gonna be a big problem?

If your german is good you should be set.
No need to speak english in the german armed forces unless you belong to the "special units".

Well, that was all for now.

Good luck in your endevours.
Hals und beinbruch.

//KJ.

I want to join the US ARMY not the bundeswehr!
I'm us citizens, i grew up in germany but i don't feel german. That's why i want to join the US Army instead of the german army!

need more answers :):):)

Last edited:
well what i hear, you are making a very good choice, you will be trained very well and taught what you need to be taught. good luck!

Your green card and citizenship is in order?
Ask a recruiter about your security classification.

Then just take a crashcourse on english and you´ll be fine.

Good luck.
//KJ.

Why would anyone treat you poorly just because you grew up in Germany? There are a lot of service members in the US military that didn't actually grow up in the US. If anything, having an accent will get you laid a little more. I know putting on a fake Scottish accent in Savannah sure helped me when I was younger. :mrgreen:

Don't worry about where you're from. Your english could use some work, but I don't know too many Americans that don't have the same need, born raised CONUS or OCONUS. You'll be fine.

You will be respected in the US army for being German. Yes we were once enemies but the Germans fought very hard and we respected them for it.

If their people they'll understand and you know what your german will become an ASSET they will gladly have along with you of course lol

Back