Some NASCAR Rules Changes for 2008

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Some long awaited changes. I like the qualifying change....

Testing: Cup teams will get 200 tires (50 sets) for testing at non-NASCAR sanctioned tracks.

Qualifying: Teams not guaranteed a starting spot [non top 35 in owners points] will qualify together at the end of a session [starting at California].
Fines: Fines levied by NASCAR will now go toward charity instead of going back to the teams in the season-ending point fund.

Pit Road: Teams can't roll tires back to the pit wall during a pit stop. Crews can't push a car on pit road more than three pit stalls.
Fuel Cell: All three national series will run the same up-graded fuel cell [approx 17 gallons], the same fuel cell used in 2007 by the Sprint Cup Series.

they aren't drastic changes, but pit stops should be a little more interesting now that the tire changers have to carry the used tires back to the pit wall.

i think that qualifying all the "go or go homers" together is a very good change. same track conditions for each. no advantage

i still think the top 35 rule needs to be changed. i would make it the top 30 at the most. gives some of the lower teir teams a chance to make more races.

that would definitely make things a little more interesting, but i'm not sure how all the teams would react to that.

Back