Some of my militaria collection

FleetMarineForceFlag2.jpg

is that real?

as in actually been flown on some battlefield?

good stuff there btw

But that jungle Carbine is still one little rifle I'd like for my colelction. Prices on real Mk5s have sky rocketted. Also there are alot of gutted Mk4 No1 maded to like like Mk5s jungle carbines.

What also cool about those rifles is that the American Company, Gibbs Rifle Company made a Lee-Enfield Jungle Carbine chambered in .45-70 Government.

Krag.jpg

Out of all the firearms that you have. That .30-40 Krag is the one I want.

5.56X45mm said:
But that jungle Carbine is still one little rifle I'd like for my colelction. Prices on real Mk5s have sky rocketted. Also there are alot of gutted Mk4 No1 maded to like like Mk5s jungle carbines.

They're fun little rifles to shoot, but they aren't one of the better designs in my opinion. The rubber pad on the butt does less than nothing to compensate for the two pounds and five inches you lose from the No.4 to the No.5. ...but with your .45-70 fetish, 5.56, I'm sure you'd enjoy that. :thumb:

Incidentally, the flash hider makes the thing sound like a 105mm howitzer. I've never had issues with accuracy, but I've never kept up sustained fire as one might in combat. I give the rifle high marks on the "nifty" scale, but not so much on the "practicality" side.

Yeah, I have a thing for the .45-70 Government. It just has a soft spot in my heart. First Center-Fired American Military caliber, helped free Cuba from Spanish Rule, and is one hell of a hunting cartridge. You can hunt small Florida bush hogs to huge African elephants.

Much of the USMC and Japanese stuff were my father's. He is the Colonel in the photograph, and another shot shows his medals, awarded among other places at China, Guadalcanal, Cape Gloucester (New Britain), and Okinawa.

Hey I got one of the 1898 Krag, 30-40's in the vault, got from my father in law, he took it apart and couldn't get it back together, said if I could put it together I could have it and the rest is history, shoots great..

Back