Some Military Quotes you most likey haven't heard! - Page 3

--

August 17th, 2008  
FutureMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiRooster
Thank you for the conformation, AikiRooster!
December 20th, 2008  
wolfen

I had a friend once who said "There are two types of Navy vessels, submarines and targets" Needless to say he was a submariner.

Oh and if anybody ever hears sombody say " Had God intended for me to fly I'd have feathers on my ass" that was me back in 1982 when they asked me if I wanted to fly in the Helo I just fixed.
December 21st, 2008  
BritinAfrica

My buddy during a lecture.

Two things fall out the sky, Bird shite and paratroopers.
--
December 23rd, 2008  
wolfen

My personal quote that I used to say and still say to people who like to fly

If God had intended for me to fly, I'd have feathers on my a**
January 6th, 2009  
TexasHighlander

Gentleman, UP and to your posts. And let no man forget that you are from, ole VIRGINIA. General George Pickett at the Battle Of Gettysburg.
January 8th, 2009  
AJChenMPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent S1
The Air-Force is Part of the Navy/Army. The Marine Corps is part of the Navy.
For what it's worth, the first part is incorrect -- the Air Force's traces its history to the Army when it was the Army Air Corps (later Army Air Force), and was then branched out as a separate service and department in September 1947.

As for a quote..."Fight to train; train to fight; fight to win." I want to say that's the Top Gun motto, but I can't confirm that.
January 10th, 2009  
wolfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJChenMPH
For what it's worth, the first part is incorrect -- the Air Force's traces its history to the Army when it was the Army Air Corps (later Army Air Force), and was then branched out as a separate service and department in September 1947.

As for a quote..."Fight to train; train to fight; fight to win." I want to say that's the Top Gun motto, but I can't confirm that.
And yet the Marines are STILL: part of the Navy I still don't let em live that one down LOL
January 11th, 2009  
HokieMSG

My Favorite was always..

"Semper Gumby." -> Always flexible

Another favorite.

"When everyone starts shooting. Shoot in the same direction."
January 11th, 2009  
ObjSRgtLw

"Some of you might think being alart post isn't fun, well whatever you think- they get to use the big guns..." (NCO, light infantry squad)
January 11th, 2009  
wolfen

If you don't know what it does, don't screw with it

A favorite among aviation types.