Some militants respond positively to Obama speech (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - From Lebanese guerrillas to Saudi preachers, Islamic extremists have warned followers not to be taken in by President Barack Obama's conciliatory words — a sign that some may be nervous about losing support if animosity toward the U.S. fades.

More...

Haven´t followed this thread since I went to work at 0500J, but I expect th forum software to hinder me postin outdated sutff...

This said:

... He urged the Islamic world to reject radical ideologies and promised to work aggressively to end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. He also said the U.S. does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlement in the West Bank and endorsed a Palestinian state. ...
But isnt this just what every rationally arguing (as opposed to ideologically fixed person viewing the problems and trying in *only* a military way to find a solution), opted for for the last 15 yrs?

Welcome to reality, Mr. Obama - and with him, the whole U.S. of A. (don´t shout "Demagogic!", as I am well aware it is, partiatially, and intended to be so... I am throwing something into a *debate*).

Still, since Mr. Obama - or what he stands for as the #1 super power leader - has come into power, it seems like tons of lead blocking movement of the whole planet to a more sensible approach for almost everything - from Environmetal Threats to Hunger (we still have double the food eed for mankind but 25% starve every year), to Democracy, to a Constitutional Govrnment, to Human rights, to Use of Power and the Ethical Bkgnd as the decisicve bit, to Intl. Law, etc - have suddenly been lifted, suddenly tzhere is the illuson or the inspiration that USA transimitted i my youth back again and visible as an intention.

Thanks a lot Mr O, whatever comes out of it I have no clue and do not want to bet (might be going wrong or right, but we have to try the old ways agai if the neo ones failed so disastrously), but at least things are moving again after a 12 yrs freeze: Keeping and having the !Inititiative! decides battles, Sir!

Onwards!

FWIW,

Rattler

Last edited:
Radical Islam's main source of power is the USA, that is anti-American sentiment. Lose that and they lose their power. It's so obvious. Peace between the two sides simply cannot exist with that sort of mentality on their end.

Back