Some Marine Questions.

Springfield

Ok, so I know that I want to join the Marines, go to boot camp, then attend Sniper School. It's just that I don't know if I want to go to college before I enter or after or not even go to college at all. I know that if you go to college then join, you start as an Officer.....right? But I've also heard that you can't even be a Sniper at the rank of Officer. I'm confused. Also, is it possible to attend boot camp while your in college? So that you can get boot camp and college over with, then go to Sniper School right after you graduate? And if I join the Marines at 18, is it even possible to move up in ranks very fast? Or are you just a Private your whole life? lol I want to fight too. Right when I join, I actually want to do something, I don't want to lead Marines yet. (not that they don't do anything) I just want to be lead before I lead. I don't know if much of that makes sense, but I'm trying to plan ahead so I know what I'll be looking foward to. If I think of anymore questions, I'll ask them here.

You will not I Say Again. Will Not Go to any Scout Sniper Course after you graduate Recruit Training. You will go to etheir MCT if your not an 0300 MOS or ITB if you are an 0300 MOS.

Scout/Sniper is not an enlistment option. Going to the Scout/Sniper Course is an earned billet and an earned opportunity. Enlist for the 0300 field and earn your way there.

Ok, so after recruit training, I can't just go into Scout Sniper School? I have to enlist for the 0300 field and from there, earn my way to be a scout sniper? And what does MCT and ITB stand for? Sorry, I'm a real noob when it comes to that stuff. Soo, if I enlist for the 0300 field and make it, what do I have to do from there to earn my way to scout sniper school? (and 0300 MOS isn't on this site http://www.usmchangout.com/enlistedmos.htm ) Is that an army MOS?

MCT-Marine Combat Training. Very basic infantry training for non-Infantry types.

ITB-Infantry Training Bn. The land of the Grunt in training.

0300 MOS Field- Marine Infantry includes all infantry MOS's . It is on your link as 03. You are an 0300 until you receive your MOS designator such as 0311 rifle man and the field is referred to as the 0300 field.

The road to scout sniper course has been discussed at length here.
Basically. Shoot Expert, learn your MOS, learn dedication, learn patience,learn leadership and then apply for STA Platoon IF THERE ARE OPEN BILLETS.

Oh yeah....STA-Platoon- Surveillance and Target Aquisition Platoon.

Ok, sorry for double posting, but you didn't answer one of the questions I had posted earlier. Is it possible to join the Marines when you are 18, have them pay for college and go to college WHILE DOING boot camp. I'm not even sure if you are allowed to do that, but it would save time. Because when you are done with boot camp, you would be out of college and ready for the next step in being a Sniper. And one more thing, if I wanted to go to a Marine college (well, there are no Marine colleges, but I've heard that if you want to be a Marine and want to go to a "Marine like college," that the Army colleges have Marines in them also and that the Marines is "under" the Army. Does that make any sense? If so, is it true or is there another explanation to it or something?

alright, Marine Corps is a department of the navy, not the army. and in boot camp, your not gonna have enough time or energy or be able to concentrate enough to do the standard boot knowledge and some college courses. just doesnt happen.

BaZoOkAzNgReNaDeZ said:
Ok, sorry for double posting, but you didn't answer one of the questions I had posted earlier. Is it possible to join the Marines when you are 18, have them pay for college and go to college WHILE DOING boot camp. I'm not even sure if you are allowed to do that, but it would save time. Because when you are done with boot camp, you would be out of college and ready for the next step in being a Sniper. And one more thing, if I wanted to go to a Marine college (well, there are no Marine colleges, but I've heard that if you want to be a Marine and want to go to a "Marine like college," that the Army colleges have Marines in them also and that the Marines is "under" the Army. Does that make any sense? If so, is it true or is there another explanation to it or something?

Okay. One more time. Just for giggles.

Ways to receive a commission as an Officer in the Corps of Marines.United States of America.

1. United States Naval Academy- Marine Option
2. Naval Reserve Officers Training Course-Marine Option
3. USMC Platoon Leaders Course (PLC) . Reserve Commission
4. Application for Officer Training Course after Graduation from University.
5. Marine Corps Enlisted Commissioning Program (MCEP) Applied for by enlisted Marines. Highly competetive..
No you can't go to boot camp and college at the same time. Refer to Milidars post.

when would you be able to go to college courses in the marines. i really want to be a grunt,recon, or sniper, but my family is like college college college soooooooo.

FULLMETALJACKET said:
when would you be able to go to college courses in the marines. i really want to be a grunt,recon, or sniper, but my family is like college college college soooooooo.

Mod Edit: Removed. I suggest you read the sticky at the top of this forum. Requirements and roles of S/S and their officers have already been discussed numerous times on this forum. Do a search.
What I'm going to do is go to college and major in a language of some sort, and then join the Marines after 4 years in college. So after I join, I'll know a language too. So that way if I don't want to make a career out of the Marines, I'll know a language so I can retire, and make some money of translating in a court or something like that. But if I know a language such as Arabic, the military will really want me for translating in the Middle East. (at least right now) So do you see kind of what I want to do? It's not all accurate yet because I'll probably make some slight changes in what I would like to do. But I know for a fact that I really want to be a Scout Sniper. That's my dream right there. Whatever it takes to be one, is what I'll do. :sniper:

:bang: :shoothea:

Let's get the cart out from in front of the horse kid's. While it is good to have a "plan" for your future and goals you wish to attain you need to throttle the heck back.

As of yet you have not even begun to know or understand what it takes to earn the right to even wear the Marine Corps Emblem. Let alone the dedication and perserverance required to attain and graduate from courses that some very dedicated and hard charging Marines have had difficulty A. Obtaining a school seat and BA. Passing.

You have at best a limited understanding of the roles of these Units or MOS's outside what you have gleened from TV, Movies and books.

You major concern at this point in time should be concentrating on becoming a Marine.

yeah, you've gotta love all these people who rock up wanting to jion SF
there is a reason they are an exclusive group,becuase its hard to get in, and those that do are probably not talking about it on the internet, they are out there training

Locke said:
yeah, you've gotta love all these people who rock up wanting to jion SF
there is a reason they are an exclusive group,becuase its hard to get in, and those that do are probably not talking about it on the internet, they are out there training

Oooook, and what exactly do you want me to do? I can't train. I'm not 18. I can't go into ROTC. I'm homeschooled. There's only one thing I can do and that's just basically plan out what I'd like to do. So uh, what else is there to do besides this, but I don't want to get too off-topic so I guess you don't have to answer that.

Can you Run?
Can you do Sit ups?
Can you do push ups?
Can you lift wieghts?
Can you get a copy of the Guidebook for Marines and Study it?
Can read some of the Books on the Commandants list?

BaZoOkAzNgReNaDeZ said:
5. Don't know where to get it.

6. Don't know where to get it.

Try on line. Google Guidebook for Marines.

Check the book review section on this forum there is a link.

Back