Some little research - Page 2




 
--
Boots
 
November 10th, 2017  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leerson
Nobody should be treated differently to anyone else, including all-blacks supporters, foreigners, those who do not care and those who want to destroy.
Equality while supporting all-blacks?
I gonna wait.
The All Blacks is a rugby team from New Zealand and I think Monty is a supporter of that team.
November 11th, 2017  
MontyB
 
 
Incidently
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
WRAF were a bloody nuisance on RAF stations, more fist fight among the men were caused by them then anything else.
To a large degree, it becomes an argument about professionalism, you essentially have a bunch of people reverting to a base instinct and another using that instinct to achieve their own goals rather than focusing on the role they are there to do.

In a genuinely professional environment, it wouldn't matter what sex, sexual alignment, colour or religion you were the job would take precedence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
The All Blacks is a rugby team from New Zealand and I think Monty is a supporter of that team.
Hehe, now you are just ruining one of those "WTF" moments.


Incidentally, they are the national rugby team.
November 11th, 2017  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Incidently

To a large degree, it becomes an argument about professionalism, you essentially have a bunch of people reverting to a base instinct and another using that instinct to achieve their own goals rather than focusing on the role they are there to do.

In a genuinely professional environment, it wouldn't matter what sex, sexual alignment, colour or religion you were the job would take precedence.



Hehe, now you are just ruining one of those "WTF" moments.


Incidentally, they are the national rugby team.
I'm sorry. One of the implications of an international forum the all blacks can mean different things in different parts of the world. It is your national rugby team? I thought it was your local team. My bad, I apologize.
--
Boots
November 11th, 2017  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
I'm sorry. One of the implications of an international forum the all blacks can mean different things in different parts of the world. It is your national rugby team? I thought it was your local team. My bad, I apologize.
For some reason our national sports teams use "Black" or "White" designations based on the colour of the uniform, with one major exception.
Generally they wear a black uniform with a white/silver fern or a white uniform with a black fern.
I suspect it is due to a lack of originality in our thought processes.


National Team:
Rugby Mens - All Blacks (Black Uniform).
Womans - Black Ferns.
Soccer - All Whites (White Uniform).
Hockey - Black Sticks men/women (they add the sex just so you can tell them apart)
Basketball - Tall Blacks (my guess is that they are tall and Short Black is a coffee which is taken)
Softball - Black Sox (Hopefully self explanatory)
Cricket - Black Caps (makes it easier to call them the "Black Craps as they are s**t)
Air Force Aerobatic Team - Black Falcons.

The Exception:
Netball - Silver Ferns.

I am sure you get the point, we are a very black and white type of people.

November 12th, 2017  
Leerson
 
You should not flood this topic.
November 13th, 2017  
-- Dusty
 
 
Leerson, I think you need to step back and check yourself. However, I get what you are meaning to say (I think).

A little word of advice- don't get mouthy with admin. That gets Redleg to be a bit ornery. Back to your original post....

Actually, you are correct. You see guys, women can fight just as hard as we do. They may excel in some areas and fall short in others. But both physically and mentally they are different. Combat likely will affect them differently. The only ones that can tell us different is...women themselves.

For that reason we should have specialized treatment specialists that can help women recover. In some cases they may not need help. In some they certainly will. I have an idea, Monte & I3, how about I be REAL frank about this?

Have you ever been captured by the enemy? Yes? No? (Ex-wives and scuttle-butt-rugrats/children not included....)

What about rape? How many of the members of this group, in it's entirety, have been raped? I'm talking about another man shoving his (Whoopps!) into ANY of your body's orifaces?

What about caressing, rubbing, fondling, any part of your body in a sexual manner? Ever been there? The enemy caressing your breasts, even giving you oral stimulation to your breasts? Yes or no, please.

Ok, now let's get down and dirty about this....

Do you know what it is like to be captured by the enemy, beaten, then raped, and now not only fearful of more rape, but of accidentally releasing information that can affect your unit?

Then the fear of contract some ungodly STD there might not be a name for yet? Or getting preggy by your enemy? Ah, yes. Pregnant. Your body feeding and nurturing the infant of your enemy growing inside you.

How many women have been captured by the enemy? A few. Is that something that should be disregarded because of the lack of occurrence? Certainly not.

But that is the enemy. What about the men in your unit. That has happened before, many times in fact. No matter the war, women get sexually assaulted and raped.

But it is also more than sexual assault. How many men go "on the rag" once a month? Not many I bet.

You see, when you have women in the front line units, you have to deal with all of this. This is all very real.

Some of this even men have to deal with. Sexual assault and rape are not gender-specific. Men get raped, too. And sadly, more often by "friendly forces" than by the enemy.

If you doubt what I say, ask the VA. Research it.

I have learned plenty from my experience as a disability advocate.

This is an important issue to discuss.
November 13th, 2017  
Leerson
 
All right.
November 13th, 2017  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
You bring up many valid points, Dusty. Rapes and sexual harassment are a major concern, not only in the military, it is an issue for the entire society. I was in the army and we didn't have any women in the army. They were in the air force and the navy. You are bringing up the concerns we had to have women in the infantry, if they are captured by the enemy. Rapes and other atrocities occur often during armed conflicts. The most famous example of it is when the Soviets reached Germany during the Second World War. I read a book about it, Stalin's Revenge by I don't remember who the author was.

The UN has an investigation ongoing now about sexual abuse during peacekeeping operations in Haiti and in Congo. The UN peacekeepers are also using what is called bush wives. It's some sort of prostitution.

I addition to all this, the women in your own military. They are often abused, if they are abused more than other women in a difficult and harsh environment is hard to say. We have female police officers, are they abused and harassed? Probably some are. The military is an old institution, the norms and the attitudes change hard

I don't mind to have women in the military and if we expand the discussion to the other branches they can do a very good job. Does it matter if a sonar operator on a naval vessel is a man or a woman?

What I disagree with is if the requirements are lowered to get females into these positions. If an individual meet the requirements, I don't care if the individual is a man or a woman.
November 13th, 2017  
Leerson
 
I3BrigPvSk, I suggest you not to flood this thread. This thread is not for you. I don't care if you care or not.
If I'd have my personal messages I'd finely express you what you should do in this case. Still, I'd remind you that it's not a business of Sweden.
November 13th, 2017  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leerson
I3BrigPvSk, I suggest you not to flood this thread. This thread is not for you. I don't care if you care or not.
If I'd have my personal messages I'd finely express you what you should do in this case. Still, I'd remind you that it's not a business of Sweden.
Utter BS. Do you have learning difficulties? This is an international forum and you don't own this thread nor any thread on this forum. You cannot dictate anything here, got that!?
 


Similar Topics
Finland says Russian navy interfered with Baltic Sea research vessel
Stem Cell Research