Some interesting news for BritinBritain...

MontyB

All-Blacks Supporter
Avspec's have put a post up on Facebook

WOODWORK CRAFTSMEN REQUIRED!!!

Be involved as a woodwork craftsman in building a famous WWII warbird…

We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team in crafting a De Havilland Mosquito Fighter Bomber MK VI - one of the very few airworthy in the world!!!

The position would suit someone who has a passion for WWII aircraft, has the ability to read technical drawings, and is experienced in all forms of woodwork.

This airworthy aircraft is destined for its new owner in the United Kingdom, its country of origin.

The project will commence early April, and is based in South Auckland.

If this sounds like something that intrigues you, please send a copy of your CV and/or experiences and references to the following email before 5pm Fri 24th March: matt@mosquitorestorations.com

Avspec's have put a post up on Facebook

WOODWORK CRAFTSMEN REQUIRED!!!

Be involved as a woodwork craftsman in building a famous WWII warbird…

We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team in crafting a De Havilland Mosquito Fighter Bomber MK VI - one of the very few airworthy in the world!!!

The position would suit someone who has a passion for WWII aircraft, has the ability to read technical drawings, and is experienced in all forms of woodwork.

This airworthy aircraft is destined for its new owner in the United Kingdom, its country of origin.

The project will commence early April, and is based in South Auckland.

If this sounds like something that intrigues you, please send a copy of your CV and/or experiences and references to the following email before 5pm Fri 24th March: matt@mosquitorestorations.com

This is an opportunity for BritinBritain. He was in the service when the Mosquito was operational. Sorry, Brit. I couldn't resist. Are you ok? You have been quite silent recently

This is an opportunity for BritinBritain. He was in the service when the Mosquito was operational. Sorry, Brit. I couldn't resist. Are you ok? You have been quite silent recently

I thought it was the Sopworth Camel.

I can just about nail two pieces of wood together, and probably bend the nails.

When I landed at RAF Changi Singapore in November 1967 I saw 3 or 4 Meteors parked on dispersal, I thought I'd gone back in time. :-?

I'm surprised we never had DH Mosquito's in the Far East, we were always the last to be issued new kit:roll:

I'm fine thanks, we as fine as an old fart can be. I just keep taking the tablets:smile:

I've been watching RAF fighters roaring over the house the past few weeks, heading out to the North Sea. I was wondering if they were intercepting Russian aircraft, but nothing has been reported.

I can just about nail two pieces of wood together, and probably bend the nails.

When I landed at RAF Changi Singapore in November 1967 I saw 3 or 4 Meteors parked on dispersal, I thought I'd gone back in time. :-?

I'm surprised we never had DH Mosquito's in the Far East, we were always the last to be issued new kit:roll:

I'm fine thanks, we as fine as an old fart can be. I just keep taking the tablets:smile:

I've been watching RAF fighters roaring over the house the past few weeks, heading out to the North Sea. I was wondering if they were intercepting Russian aircraft, but nothing has been reported.

You began your military career in the army, right? Did you join the RAF when it was created?

Thank you for acknowledging that we are the classiest of the southern hemisphere reprobates, we don't like to be lumped in with the West Island.

:)

All Kippers and curtains?:D

My daughter has got a posh accent, she's a real reprobate/toerag/agro merchant:smile:

Back