Somalian arrested

What I find amusing and scary is this.

Somalia is the biggest and most backward crap hole in the world...yet they catch this guy. Lagos and Amsterdam miss the one that trys to take out the Detriot flight.WTF over?

I'm not sure if I am thinking about the same incident but I think I am. Am I right in believing that British and US Embassy's in that country have been closed due to the fear of a terrorist attack on them?

I'm not sure if I am thinking about the same incident but I think I am. Am I right in believing that British and US Embassy's in that country have been closed due to the fear of a terrorist attack on them?
US & British Embassys were closed in Yemen due to threat. US reopened after 2 militants killed.

Somalia is the biggest and most backward crap hole in the world...yet they catch this guy. Lagos and Amsterdam miss the one that trys to take out the Detriot flight.WTF over?

Hilariously scary.
Maybe if they stopped frisking guys who are obviously not a threat and focused on those guys likely to be threats it'll be a start.
Being able to tell between who belongs to a group that have proven to be the source of threats and who hasn't would be a great start.
Denying a visa to a Chinese Indonesian because of fears that he might be a radical Islamic militant is about as stupid as turning around a German Jew for fears that he might be a Nazi (in the 1930's and 40's).

...while TSA can strip search an 85 year old great grandmother in public, thinking her breasts *might* hold a bomb (Chicago a few years back)....

TSA needs to be rebuilt as a true FLEA instead of a bunch of glorified security guards. The security theater they preform needs to be ratcheted back and manpower focused on IDing and screening potential threats instead of random people so as not to violate PC.

I don't think it's just PC.
I don't think they know which group contains individuals that constitute a threat and which does not.
For example, when I bring up the example of the Chinese Indonesian guy, people say it's because they can't racially profile. But what about a Belgian with the name of Mohamed Hoseini who was born and raised in Brussels? Does he get the break a Belgian with the name Frederic Van Lierde (also born and raised in Brussels) gets when he goes through security? I doubt it.
So the problem is both political correctness and incompetence.
If you piss off people who would otherwise like you, they might say, "maybe those guys who said bad things about America were right."
Right now when America's image abroad is not so good, a lot of effort must be made to make and maintain friends abroad. Especially so when the gap between America and its rivals/enemies is closing.

Without violating OPSEC for what little I know (I've had some very rudimentry briefings for my civvie job) TSA Screeners are not a tier asset in the game. How they designate people for extra screening is not the same across all airports it's left to their supervisors as to how the numbers are produced....just sayin, unless an agency above them says screen Joe Schmoo its arbitrary.

TSA needs to be rebuilt as a true FLEA instead of a bunch of glorified security guards. The security theater they preform needs to be ratcheted back and manpower focused on IDing and screening potential threats instead of random people so as not to violate PC.

dam, man you should be in charge of something :)

Without violating OPSEC for what little I know (I've had some very rudimentry briefings for my civvie job) TSA Screeners are not a tier asset in the game. How they designate people for extra screening is not the same across all airports it's left to their supervisors as to how the numbers are produced....just sayin, unless an agency above them says screen Joe Schmoo its arbitrary.

from what I know with my current security clearance, the TSA screeners are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine, the need to either do their job better or be replaced. the Rules the follow need to be rewritten from page one, and common sense really needs to be used, (common sense: the 1 yr old sucking a bottle is NOT a terrorist threat, the 25 yr old with a bomb strapped to his chest is)

dam, man you should be in charge of something :)

from what I know with my current security clearance, the TSA screeners are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine, the need to either do their job better or be replaced. the Rules the follow need to be rewritten from page one, and common sense really needs to be used, (common sense: the 1 yr old sucking a bottle is NOT a terrorist threat, the 25 yr old with a bomb strapped to his chest is)
Kinda like extra checks on members of Congress, like they are a real threat to bomb a plane. Or the story that someone tried to confinscate Joe Foss's MOH because it might be a throwing star.

At the beginning TSA was supposed to recruit high caliber people with the right LE and Military backgrounds they found out that would cost too much.

They do have some good training for certain elements instructed by guys who were tier assests in a former life..but it is not across the board.

At the beginning TSA was supposed to recruit high caliber people with the right LE and Military backgrounds they found out that would cost too much.

They do have some good training for certain elements instructed by guys who were tier assests in a former life..but it is not across the board.

I've applied at every homeland security position there is, I'm either too old (46), or over qualified. Heres my problem with the dept, ho win the hell can I be too old at 46 to want to defend my country, has anybody seen the age of the screener's? I know dam good and well I'm younger than some of those idiots, and overqualified??????????................hello.

Back