Somali Air Force 1954-1958 Rare Pictures !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe you just dont take anybody saying America isnt as good as youd like it to be kindly.
I've been watching from the sidelines for months now and I think that it's time I said my piece. Now, I'm no great fan of all US foreign policy, but,.....

Firstly, I think that 03s explanation is closer to the mark.

For a school kid barely off his mother's tit, you sure have a lot to say about things you have absolutely no idea about.

Last edited:
we were there too...
so maybe it is only this particular Australian who has difficulty grasping history...

Yes, when somebody gets something wrong about some crackpot operation that went down in some crackpot country you can tell they dont have the slightest ****ing clue about anything.

Yes, when somebody gets something wrong about some crackpot operation that went down in some crackpot country you can tell they dont have the slightest ****ing clue about anything.

hey nobody is perfect...
are you arguing there was no justification for the peace keeping mission in somalia?

Im just saying that you cant force crap onto a country that is SERIOUSLY having a plotz. Especially crap that is from a socially, politically and economically way more advanced country.

well at the time, it wasn't long since Somalia was a functioning (term used very loosely) country...

think of something similar to what happened with Yugoslavia!!!
except the peace keeping didn't work as well as we would of liked because mistakes were made with how we went about doing things with the warlords amongst other things...

Last edited:
How are you managing to compare Yugoslavia to Somalia?

You might as well say that the economy of Luxembourg is very similar to the economy of Zimbabwe.

ok, how isn't a country descending into ethnic conflict after the collapse of a dictators regime not similar?...
oh and our memories on Somalia are very short
lol
Somalia was not quite as poor as you would think back in the late eighty's just before its collapse...

You said it yourself, it was an ethnic conflict. The stuff going down in Somalia was more tribal war.

The Yugoslav war is also short, it lasted for less than 5 years.

I would also like to mention, though so many people here will blatantly refuse to accept this fact, Yugoslavia wasnt always "OH MY ****ING GOD ITS A SERB! SMASH HIM!"

all that says to me is that you don't know what the word ethnic means...
look it up and you will see.
oh and the reason Yugoslavia didn't go the way of Somalia is because we learned from Somalia mistakes and stepped in and broke up the chain reaction. and another reason Yugoslavia wasn't allowed to snowball as Somalia has is because Yugoslavia is in an area of the world we actually truly care about...

all that says to me is that you don't know what the word ethnic means...
look it up and you will see.
oh and the reason Yugoslavia didn't go the way of Somalia is because we learned from Somalia mistakes and stepped in and broke up the chain reaction. and another reason Yugoslavia wasn't allowed to snowball as Somalia has is because Yugoslavia is in an area of the world we actually truly care about...

Mate, Serbs were killing Croats and Bosnians because they were Roman Catholics and Muslims, which is totally different from Greek Orthodox. Same goes for the others. They were killing each other because of cultural difference. Ever heard of Srebrenica Massacre? Why did all those people get killed, did they have something Serbia didnt have?

You care enough about it, so thats why you drop bombs with uranium in them on civillians in Belgrade.

Funnily enough a lot of them didnt even explode.

Mate, Serbs were killing Croats and Bosnians because they were Roman Catholics and Muslims, which is totally different from Greek Orthodox. Same goes for the others. They were killing each other because of cultural difference. Ever heard of Srebrenica Massacre? Why did all those people get killed, did they have something Serbia didnt have?

You care enough about it, so thats why you drop bombs with uranium in them on civillians in Belgrade.

Funnily enough a lot of them didnt even explode.
unexploded ordinance is a genuine tactic but unofficial, ties up resources...
and makes areas unusable for longer aswell...

dude if you go all cynical right, the only reason they intervened in Yugoslavia is because it would be unacceptable to have a failed state in europe threatening everything...

Last edited:
My brother disarmed unexploded ordance during 99, and the bombs landed in urban area and did not destroy the intended targets because it didnt explode.

It wasnt tactics, it was just poor ordnance.

it is not poor ordinance they want a certain percentage not to work its just that they cant be bothered to make separate munitions just for peace keeping...

all i can say is what a wonderful world we live in...

Last edited:
So theyre dropping stuff they know wont blow up on crap they want to blow up?

My brain has just fried.

bombs are designed to be utilitarian right?

ok drop two bombs to take out a bridge one dont go off prevents them rebuilding it just that little bit longer...

don't happen all the time but either way there will be no bridge..
and even if one goes off no bridge and u have left the a lovely gift for your freinds to deal with...

Yeah, good thing my brother was well trained and knew what he was doing. Probably saved a few innocent lives froms genocidal and unprovoked bombing aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back