Are the soldiers paid in your Army?

Depends. Conscripts(which is what all soldiers start as) are paid pocket money. Officers and NCOs who choose to continue their service past the standat 3 years are paid a salary, although not a high one... :?

SHERMAN can you supply a bit more detailed amount of the pay in Israel for conscripts and all that in US Army?

I know in China the conscripts got only a couple of US dollars per month the Officiers got some 300-1000 USD (depends on the ranks) per month.
(for the officials they almost all got free housing for the families too, and many other benefits).

Hmmm, Id ay the avrage conscript gets probably somewhare between 77 to 155 USD a month. But you need to realize these people are 18-21, still live at their parents home, and the IDF givest free food, quarters, medical treatment, and transportation. They also get discounts on many things.

That's right they only need some pocket money.

Last month I saw a BBC documentary about Chinese PLA conscripts at age 17, the TV Crew followed their training for some half year, turning the street kids into awesome soldiers.

Well back to topic.

In Sweden the soldiers are conscripts and paid pocket money. The amount depends on the number of days they have been in service. The officers are paid an ordinary monthly salary that can be compared with other goverment work in Sweden. When I left as a captain I had about 2500 $ monthly before tax. That was almost 6 years ago.

Conscripts get 50 euros per two weeks, although it depends on time served. That sum was measured by adding the sum of a cigarette pack and a coffee cup per each day, although it hasn't been checked for inflation lately. The regular staff salary varies with rank and they get a huge salary increase for example from days training in the field. All in all, I'd say staff is paid pretty well and the retirement age is way less than in the civilian field.

FlyingFrog said:
Paid as salary or pocket money?

Thanks.

All the US servicemen and women are paid a "salary", not large, but still a salary by month. Sleeping quarters and meals are provided, if you are married you can get extra support to live with your family, again not much. Al this can be found on Military.com.

Reserves NCMs I know are paid by hourly wage, reg force and reserve officers i believe are paid by salary.

As an E-5 with 8 yrs of service, I get about $2100 base pay, $560 for housing and $240 for food per a month. Not to mention full health benefits and a $460 a year clothing allowance.

mx

In the Mexican Army all are volunteers ( aprox. 192,000 active personel). As a''soldier'' you get paid a salary of 3,600 pesos (aprox. 350 US dollars) per month + Free food & health care(officers get free house for their family, but if you are single you live in the barracks). Your contract is for 3 years.

The Philippines provides salary, about US$ 178.00/ month for privates as goes up as you progress in rank, plus combat pay in one is assigned in trouble areas.

Of course if you are a general like our infamous Maj.Gen. Carlos F. Garcia... (who held the comptrollership position) the SKY IS THE LIMIT! :evil:

The British Army is a volunteer force and the wages are pretty good compared with many occupations in 'civvy street'. You can make a decent living as an NCO and Officers are paid pretty well.

There seems to be a lot of bonuses involved with the US military to keep soldiers around. They give you cost of living allowances, aviation pay, hazardous duty pay, nuclear career bonus pay, combat pay, the list goes on. When my friend came back from Iraq he apparently had saved up enough money for a nice new BMW 3-series. He's a Marine, enlisted E-4 I believe, might be higher. But since you're living on base and you don't have to pay for utility bills and stuff, you have the opportunity to save up a lot.

Aussie soldiers get pretty decent pay. About $38,000 AUD per year (or $42,000 if you have a trade) for first year, and then it goes up from there, depending on qualifications and rank.

Reservists also get pretty good pay, and it's totally tax free.

Back