soldier wins VC for bravery

Congradulations to Pte Beharry. It is not often we come across soldiers who display this kind of determination and courage. But when we do, they recieve exactly what they are due.

Congrats to both Private Beharry, VC and Lt. Colonel Jobbins, GM OBE RD, and the other medal winners as well (UK and Commonwealth say "win" not "receive/award" like US).

Charge_7 said:
Congrats to both Private Beharry, VC and Lt. Colonel Jobbins, GM OBE RD, and the other medal winners as well (UK and Commonwealth say "win" not "receive/award" like US).

i never liked that....sounds like they got lucky, considering that many VC's were awarded posthumosly.....

I agree with you, "win" tends to make it sound like a contest. Still, it is their tradition and traditions die slowly.

i actually didn't know untill this article that the VC is made out of a captured cannon from the crimean war...i love it...brilliant

the canon in question is chinese, the russians captured it then the British took it from the russians, its why the VC looks such a dull colour when you see one

KC72 said:
the canon in question is chinese, the russians captured it then the British took it from the russians, its why the VC looks such a dull colour when you see one

cheers for the info KC...wonder what our chinese members think of that? lol

My whole hearted congratulations to that man.... one fine deed he commited there. We need more men like him in the world. But then again, not everyone is VC material.

Back