~Soldier named Jinkins?

mmarsh said:
Tomtom

You forget N.Korea is one of the most backward countries in the world. I saw a documentary done by the BBC when they were undercover in North Korea. What they reported was shocking. Most of the country has no heat, no electricity, no running water, no medical care, no food, no contact with the outside world, not to mention you living in a country that based itself on Stalins Soviet Union, secret police, gulags, the works. Jenkins would have had a better conditions in a US prison, and thats not an exaggeration.

I am very well aware of the conditions in North Korea. But Jenkins was not in a North Korean Prison.

Prove me wrong, or stop posting stuff that doesn't answer my question. I still think, unless someone can prove to the contrary, Jenkins did not do time in prison.
:|
And furthermore I totally agree with what Chief Bones has so succinctly stated: He (Jenkins) is a TRAITOR.

Last edited:
MightyMacbeth said:
u know one things fellas. This neads a deeper reaserch than just a bunch of us arguing.
No it doesn't. It's really quite simple. You just need to realise that he gets no sympathy from American veterans.

According to an interview that was done with 60 Minutes with Jenkins, he did not serve prison time while he was in North Korea. He lived in a shared house with other deserters. According to him, and I'm para-phrasing, he deserted because he was afraid that he was going to be sent to Viet Nam.

He's just a low life coward, who was afraid to fulfill his duty. He doesn't deserve an ounce of respect. He was, and is a traitor to all people who have honorably served in their respective militaries.

Ron

tomtom22 said:
I am very well aware of the conditions in North Korea. But Jenkins was not in a North Korean Prison.

Prove me wrong, or stop posting stuff that doesn't answer my question. I still think, unless someone can prove to the contrary, Jenkins did not do time in prison.
:|
And furthermore I totally agree with what Chief Bones has so succinctly stated: He (Jenkins) is a TRAITOR.

TOMTOM

You totally missed my anology.

I wasnt saying that Jenkins was in a N.Korean prison facility, my point was that the whole country of North Korea IS A PRISON. That being a inmate in a US jail such as Ft.Leavenworth was far more preferable than having to live in a shared house as a stooge of the North Korean Government. Not all prisons have locked doors and barred windows.

Technically Jenkins isnt a traitor because we wern't at war with North Korea at the time, but he certainly betrayed his country not to mention his comrades on the Korean Front. My final point was 39 years living in a North Korean hell for a crime he committed when he was 18 was punishment enough. A month in the brig and a dishonorable discharge was appripriate enough. Time to let bygones be bygones.

Technically here's the definition of a traitor:

trai·tor
n. One who betrays one's country, a cause, or a trust, especially one who commits treason.

treason
n 1: a crime that undermines the offender's government [syn: high treason, lese majesty] 2: disloyalty by virtue of subversive behavior [syn: subversiveness, traitorousness] 3: an act of deliberate betrayal [syn: treachery, betrayal, perfidy]

You see mmarsh, Jenkins by definition is a traitor. A state of war is not a prerequisite for treason.

Every entrance to our facility has a poster with pictures of people who stole and sold secret material to other countries. The title at the top is "Traitors to America."

DTop

A Pleasure Sir.

I was referring in legal terms, as the crime of 'treason' is specified in the US Constitution, but your point is valid.

how old was he when he comitted this 'treason'?

besides, when in N.Korea at that time, was worse than any prison. Just imagine the fact that he was ordered to have sex with a woman.
Isnt that disgrace and enough humiliating?

MightyMacbeth said:
how old was he when he comitted this 'treason'?

besides, when in N.Korea at that time, was worse than any prison. Just imagine the fact that he was ordered to have sex with a woman.
Isnt that disgrace and enough humiliating?

Oh, Macbeth, give me a break, pleeeeease!

Perhaps were he a militant homosexual being forced to have sex with a beautiful woman while being video-simulcast in a Turkish bath house it might be considered humiliating.

Disgrace? The only disgrace was in the action of this person when he deserted the men in his command along one of the most dangerous pieces of real estate in the world regardless of Ted Turner's theme park plans for it.

but also, look at the situations as well as the circumstances he got himself into.
Maybe he deserves it. So here is where it is fair enough, he got what he deserves and more.

Tomtom, ur wish is granted sir

Back