Soldier! Can you shoot?

Rowan

2.5 cms GROUP at 500 metre me. I was GUN and can still do it.. anything else is a lie and and exaggeration unless you've seen a qualified cocher sniper! I didn't make that. The limit of possibility 2.5 at 500. HOW GOOD WERE YOU?

Be honest comrade/bro!

Last edited:
I was friggin good (But not always!) and I'm not too old! Give me another go at 58 yoa!!

Last edited:
Pretty good in fact very good but how many rounds did you fire and how many counted for the grouping , and it must have been a very still day , and what weapon were you using. Not disbelieving you pal just interested, but still a good group.
I could get a 1 inch group at 300 mtrs 5 rounds with a 7.62 SLR, on a very good day by just using the iron sites normally it was a 2 or 3 inch

I trained with M14s in 1966 and we only used silhouette targets out to 500.

Groupings were never measured.

I trained with M14s in 1966 and we only used silhouette targets out to 500.

Groupings were never measured.

In Germany in 1966 we still qualified on the old "pull" targets. Then I could put a M-14 mag all in the red.

I don't know how big the bulls eye was but it was larger than 2.5 cm and I certainly couldn't do it now.

I pass my yearly qual's on all the weapons on my Ground Defence card. Thats my brag... Not a sniper so not particularly worried about groupings TIC.

I don't really measure my groupings. I know I'm a fairly good shot at 500 meters with open sights. I don't really care what the grouping is though, for me...it is about making the shot when it counts. That's really what I care about. Besides, I've never fired over 200-300 meters in an actual firefight. When I was a designated marksman I didn't shoot over 600 meters and that was with optics...but, I never missed. As far as im concerned that's what really matters.

Back