Sold a GLOCK and bought a GLOCK....

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
I sold my older Generation 2 GLOCK 17 for a Generation 3 Mark I GLOCK 17.

It was a birthday gift for myself....

img3890ky6.jpg

Nice. I wish they had never added those damn finger grooves, though. My hands are huge and I find it more comfortable without them. Can't wait till I'm 21, I'll be joining GLOCK owners everywhere when I pick up the 10mm. By the way, how does that extended mag affect the balance? I've never been able to try one out because I live in NY.

Very nice! :D

What improvements are there on that one compared to the old model?
And how much does one cost over there.. :smil:
I haven't checked the price here in Norway yet, but I would guess that it's around or over $1000 USD for one here...

The Generation 3 Mark I has the following difference from a Gen 3 or a Gen 2.

The Gen 3 MK I has Finger Groves, Light Rail, and the extractor also is a loaded chamber indicator.

Gen 3 has all the above features minus the loaded chamber indicator.

The Gen 2 has no finger grooves on the grip or a light rail. All of the new GLOCKs are Gen 3 MK Is.

$1,000 USD for a GLOCK in Norway?!?!?!?!?!?! Holly Crap. I pay $398.00 for a GLOCK. And they're being shipped from Europe.

That a police discount, 5.56x45? In the Sportsman's Paradise I've only seen them in Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops for about $540.

I sold my older Generation 2 GLOCK 17 for a Generation 3 Mark I GLOCK 17.

It was a birthday gift for myself....

Many happy returns Luis. You young rich bachelors make me envious at times like this.:smile:

I've never had the chance to try a Glock, but I'll certainly take up the offer if it comes up. I hated the idea of "plastic" firearms originally, and that was just the fore end on a FN FAL, (In 1966) but it seems to be the way things are going.

Many happy returns Luis. You young rich bachelors make me envious at times like this.:smile:

I've never had the chance to try a Glock, but I'll certainly take up the offer if it comes up. I hated the idea of "plastic" firearms originally, and that was just the fore end on a FN FAL, (In 1966) but it seems to be the way things are going.

I still have a soft spot for old fashion firearms. I don't have a FN FAL in my collection. I'd love to get one along with a Beretta BM-59 but with the way ammo prices are going getting another 7.62x51mm NATO round to feed seems like a waste of money. Even the base cost of brass and powder has gone up.

That a police discount, 5.56x45? In the Sportsman's Paradise I've only seen them in Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops for about $540.

Yeah... Civvie prices are $498.00.

Back