Soccer

I supported Tottenham Hotspur, as a boy I frequently went to White Hart Lane to watch them play. Last match I saw was when Tottenham beat Aston Villa 6-2. Brilliant match

Is their another watchable sport?
i'm fan of the Hsv of course, Hamburger Sport Verein (Hamburg Sports Club)
Der-HSV-entscheidet-erst-am-Montag-ueber-Bernd-Hoffmann_4f78bfad8e.jpg

Hey, I am a fanatical believer in the beautiful game. Tottenham Hotspur since the 1940s. I was at White Hart Lane as a kid, right behing Ted Ditchburn, Spurs brilliant goalkeeper. We now have a brilliant Premier league here, we are fortunate to see such football. Sometime 3 generations of my family have sat together at the Lane. But I had to make a behind enemy lines visit to Arsenal recently, (horror:)) to watch one of my grandsons playing for one of their teams! How could I not be there.

Can we hear from more soccer fans; I know Redneck is certainly on board, Aston Villa, I believe; and he too has been to White Hart Lane I understand.

BritinAfrica - welcome to the team! You were always my favourite!

ObjSRgtLw - we meet again. Do you have Martin Jol as manager? Having a good season, is he not? A good man, Spurs fans were right behind him and very sorry to see him go.

Last edited:
Yes jol is head trainer and we are having a good league here, had a very good start too and managed to hold 1st place for a while- for the break we are 4th, i think we have it in us to get 1st place but TSG hoffenheim (new to 1st League!) is ruling at the moment. wow how i'd like to see little Hoffenheim rule against Man U or Chelsea some day at the uefa :). This town has 3k inhabitants...

Jol has been sadly missed. He's a straight-talker and the Spurs crowds loved him - sang to keep him at Tottenham, and have been cheering his success in Germany - try to catch the reception if he ever returns to Spurs in combat! All his reign lacked was a little bit of luck; with that he would have been close to top of the heap.

Unfortunately I can't keep up with the sport as much as I'd like to, the games are VERY seldom broadcast in the US except for the pay-per-view channels, and I'm broke... But I do keep up with international soccer... I'm a supporter of the US (unfortunately), Brazil, Germany, and England. I love em all. More of a player than a watcher... I watch American football, I PLAY football.

US Soccer would have to be DC United
International would have to be Manchester United and Football NSW

Yeah, we don't do soccer well here. Football, we rock at. Soccer, not so much.

I love soccer, but unfortunately it seems like its always televised here at either 3 in the morning when I'm asleep, or 3 in the afternoon when I'm at work. Booo to the televised sports schedule makers!!!!

Worst fans are those in the eastern part of Germany here, like Dynamo Dresden and other small clubs fighting each other.

Hmmm... I don't follow it much anymore but I have a mild liking for Aston Villa in Euorpe.
To think I used to be a bit of a fanatic back a few years...even had a referee license.

Actually US Soccer is quite entertaining. I enjoyed watching the MLS and went to watch DC United on a few occasions.

Of yalls respective countries, which team has the rudest fans? For me, I would have to go with Chelsea and Liverpool.

Millwall has got to be one of the worst, along with Celtic and Rangers. Battle bowlers and level 3 vest required when watching a game.

I didn't know until recently that one of my 2nd cousins was a professional footballer.

1992-1993 Colchester United
1993-1996 Brentford
1996-2005 Birmingham City
2004 he was on loan to Coventry City

Due to a knee injury he had to retire.

I remember watching Nobby Stiles and Danny Blanchflower, both brilliant players.

Aston Villa have very good team at present, struggling to break into the top four.

As far as behaviour is concerned, in fact Liverpool fans have quite a good sense of humour, which often goes down well with the opposition.

I am often surprised at the attitude of Americans to their national team. Soccer at the top level is not an easy proposition, and I feel that USA performs quite effectively in the world echelons. They have a direct, powerful style that will eventually serve them well, and when they ever win the World Cup, then soccer will take off there for sure. USA players perform well in our leagues.

Hamburg Sports Club (hsv) now top of the league after the heroic defeat of Bayern München!!!
Bavaria had bad luck i must admit but the better team on the field won...

I dont watch Football that much anymore, to be honest.

My favourite team is INTER MILAN!!!!!!!!!11111!!!

And then Partizan Belgrade

I went to the UEFA Match HSV vs. Galataseray Istanbul, HSv should have won but in the end they only tried to hold the 1-1 score against 10 Turks, that was kinda disappointing. But great Atmosphere (30k HSV- fans and about 20K Turks) almost a outwards game for Hamburg :/
add: check the official fan- song out, I think you'll understand some parts because they are in english ;) --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVAFtgWbk54

Last edited:
Back