So why do people hate Israel?

calixbentley

I heard that they are whiping out Palestinians. But is Palesinte terrorist want to do the same thing to Israel.
Now what nation isn't guilty of waring against one people
In Africa you had Africans and Arabs selling africans into slaves
IN Europes you had wars against each other especially against the Celtic and Slav people
In China you have HAn people wiping out Turkish ethnic groups.
In Mexico you had them killing of the Apache tribes before the U.S went to war against them
U.S army and many European settlelers went and took land of the native americans and the aboriginals
IN Turkey you have them whiping of Kurds and Armenians
Even Native AMericans are not innocent since many were fierce against other tribes. Like the Aztecs that were brutal in battle.
The empires of the past, Persia, Egypt, Rome, Greece, Babylon etc. Were all nations that fought against each other.
So what the big deal?

My blog

With the advent of cheap movie cameras and easy access to the world via the Internet, Israeli censorship has failed, and the lies, distortion and brutality of their regime is now available to all to see. People of the world are now seeing the truth of what has been going on in Israel for over 60 years, and they don't like it.

What makes this different to most of what you mentioned, is that those events occured before Agencies like the International Criminal Court prohibited Crimes against humanity (known as "The Rome Statutes")

For a quick insight, Read,
The Country That Would Not Grow Up,
By Tony Judt.
A noted historian from New York University.
http://www.wrmea.org/component/cont...-israel-the-country-that-wouldnt-grow-up.html

Last edited:
With the advent of cheap movie cameras and easy access to the world via the Internet, Israeli censorship has failed, and the lies, distortion and brutality of their regime is now available to all to see. People of the world are now seeing the truth of what has been going on in Israel for over 60 years, and they don't like it.

What makes this different to most of what you mentioned, is that those events occured before Agencies like the International Criminal Court prohibited Crimes against humanity (known as "The Rome Statutes")

For a quick insight, Read,
The Country That Would Not Grow Up,
By Tony Judt.
A noted historian from New York University.
http://www.wrmea.org/component/cont...-israel-the-country-that-wouldnt-grow-up.html

Israeli groups are able to help Palestinians or report crimes of Israeli settlers against Palestinians. The Israeli government tolerates that and the causers are convicted through rule of law. Israel allows Palestinians to work there. Israel allows palestinian athletes to join Israeli clubs.

There are no Palestinian groups who helps Israelis because it is not allowed. Causers of crimes against Israelis are cheered in Gaza and the West Bank. Palestinians are forbidden to work for the Israelis. Palestinians who join Israeli sport clubs are punished.

And that quick insight is a story written for a Ant-Israeli organisation. It's biased not neutral. Homepage here.

You do not want peace there, you want the jews out. You want that country removed. You don't care about the average palestinian, you use them. Like their leaders do. Where are your Arab friends? A report says the following " Despite the much-hyped Arab nationalist solidarity often cited in the name of Palestine, most Arab regimes actually have little love for the Palestinians."

I am not sure where you guys witness all the hate for Israel. Majority of the U.S supports Israel and want to keep supporting them; they just don't like certain actions of Israel. Despite what a lot of people say, I don't think it only has to do with lobbyist, but the fact that U.S is growing weary of Arab nations.

It is in U.S's interest that Israel survives; the benefits are mutual.

What LeEnfield said is the main reason. Particularly, the Middle-east conflicts have more attention of most countries (the citizens) than other regions around the world. There are anti and pro arguements all over and they make sure to get bad news about the opposite side and good news for their side.

Death will occur amidst a battle, civillian or combatant, the main difference is who is purposely being targeted. If they are targeting civillians and get back to their own country and people find out about it, they should be charged (this does not happen in Palestine). Israel, U.S, Canada, and other western countries charge their soldiers when they are wreckless and cause civillian deaths. As long as Hamas continue to or attempt to shoot rockets into Israel, the blockade will be justified.

Last edited:
One old newspaper hack once said to me, "Any news is good news but bad news is even better" and bad news sells papers and increases the numbers watching events unfold on TV

I´ve been a military observer with the United Nations Truce Supervision Organization (UNTSO) and I have seen a lot of things. Have you ever been there?
I was talking about the history of the conflict, and no I have never served there. When and where have you served there?

I was talking about the history of the conflict, and no I have never served there. When and where have you served there?
I was there in 1992. Our headquarters are in Jerusalem. I was mostly in the Sinai and on the west bank.
My mission was to monitor the ceasefire and that agreements be respected and prevent that isolated incidents evolve into something bigger and to assist other UN operations in the region.

About the history of the conflict - does the concept "transfer" in connection with palestine mean anything to you?

I don´t hate Israel or Jews. But they are not blameless in this conflict, nor is the Palestinians.

I am not sure where you guys witness all the hate for Israel. Majority of the U.S supports Israel and want to keep supporting them; they just don't like certain actions of Israel.
Obviously you don't realise that there is a real world outside that of your own, that sees things unburdened by US political baggage.

It is in U.S's interest that Israel survives; the benefits are mutual.
In the interest of any chance of world peace it is vital that the Palestinians get justice and compensation. US politicians are gradually becoming aware of this fact.
US Dollars kill Children

Death will occur amidst a battle, civillian or combatant, the main difference is who is purposely being targeted. If they are targeting civillians and get back to their own country and people find out about it, they should be charged (this does not happen in Palestine).
It certainly happens in Israel, but the world is well aware that it is no more than a whitewash. Everything is an "Unfortunate mistake" No Israeli war Criminal has ever received more than a slap on the wrist for their crimes most go completely unpunished
Israel's Usual Excuse

Last edited:
Could it possibly be that people not necessarily hate Israel, but rather strongly oppose Israeli politics and conduct in the occupied territories, or is such a stance too far fetched when the world is wieved in black&white...

Sure enough, there will always be extremists who is solely fueled by hate, but most of us has learned from history that extremists rarely contribute in any positive way to a peacefull solution.

In the interest of any chance of world peace it is vital that the Palestinians get justice and compensation. US politicians are gradually becoming aware of this fact.

What makes you so sure "world peace" will be achieved or even close to being achieved simply by giving in to the Palestinians? There is no such thing as "world peace" there will always be war and bloodshed so long as humanity exist.

What makes you so sure "world peace" will be achieved or even close to being achieved simply by giving in to the Palestinians? There is no such thing as "world peace" there will always be war and bloodshed so long as humanity exist.
Read "a lack of extremist inspired Muslim global terrorism", that will come about as close to world peace as we will ever see.

And the reasoning behind my statement is that if you remove the cause, you will remove the effect.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Calixbentley, here is an exerpt from a speech by Bradley Burston to the Ameinu, a pro Israel, pro peace organisation. It will give you a little idea of how the world views Israel's rogue state policies.

"It is true that the world media, generally speaking, doesn't like Israel very much, and stacks the deck against it, but good hasbara starts with not allowing soldiers to vandalize Palestinian homes and shoot Palestinian women," writes Jeffrey Goldberg of The Atlantic, a veteran of the IDF, of the disclosures over the past week in Haaretz.
Here is Jeffery Goldberg's view:
How Far Has the IDF Fallen?
Pretty far, if you believe Ha'aretz's searing expose of the tactics used in the Gaza war. These are reports from the soldiers themselves, mind you:

"You do not get the impression from the officers that there is any logic to it, but they won't say anything. To write 'death to the Arabs' on the walls, to take family pictures and spit on them, just because you can. I think this is the main thing: To understand how much the IDF has fallen in the realm of ethics, really. It's what I'll remember the most."
Many Jews who once supported Israel are also now seeing what has actually been happening with the lessening of censorship, and more are becoming brave enough to speak their minds.

Last edited:
I was there in 1992. Our headquarters are in Jerusalem. I was mostly in the Sinai and on the west bank.
My mission was to monitor the ceasefire and that agreements be respected and prevent that isolated incidents evolve into something bigger and to assist other UN operations in the region.

About the history of the conflict - does the concept "transfer" in connection with palestine mean anything to you?

I don´t hate Israel or Jews. But they are not blameless in this conflict, nor is the Palestinians.

That's a very honest answer, I really appreciate that. The one is blaming the other while both are to blame, especially the fanatics. But I can't stand that someone is blaming only one side and exaggerating it while treating the other like an innocent baby. When we go further back in history others made mistakes too and complicated the matter.

About "transfer" that depends where in history it is situated. But I'd like to know what you think or know about it.

Could it possibly be that people not necessarily hate Israel, but rather strongly oppose Israeli politics and conduct in the occupied territories, or is such a stance too far fetched when the world is wieved in black&white...

Sure enough, there will always be extremists who is solely fueled by hate, but most of us has learned from history that extremists rarely contribute in any positive way to a peacefull solution.

That's the big problem in this conflict, religious fanatics, on both sides, but let's be honest there are more fanatics among the Palestinians than the Israelis, surely in their governments.
My post #171 from About How Would You Solve the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict? Page 18 might give in the long term a solution. (It's not from me but I posted some interesting links)

People who merely what is legally and morally theirs can hardly be said to be "extremists", whereas the same cannot be said for their opposition.

This is typical of the millions of pieces of deliberate and malicious disinformation that are constantly used by the Zionists and their supporters in an attempt to muddy the water and vilify people who are merely trying to obtain justice.

I'd say Seehund is a typical example as the Scandinavian countries has a long standing tradition of participating in UN peace-keeping missions, even though most have learned from bitter experience that there's often very little peace to be found...

In my opinion, innocence and truth is always the first casualties of a war.

As for fanatics, both sides of that particular conflict seems to have their share of them.
While the fanatics on the Palestinian side appears to be religious in lack og means and knowledge to provide anything else, the fanatics on the Israeli side comes in both the religious and politic fraction.

The latter being the only possible reason I can find for a government supported civillian occupation (and settlement) in the occupied territories.

To my knowledge resistance movements fighting a well armed occupying organised army have always had to use whatever methods they can.

In this conflict the civillian "settlers" are as bad if not worse than the Army, the atrocities of both groups being tacitly condoned by the Israeli government.
Settlers or Terrorists?

Last edited:
Back