So why do people hate Israel? - Page 96

--

October 20th, 2012  
ScarabVenom

1 small maybe stupid question...

Are the only people in this forum who support Israel are either Jewish, Israelis or VDKMS?
October 20th, 2012  
Dzhordzhevich

Quote:
Originally Posted by calixbentley
I heard that they are whiping out Palestinians. But is Palesinte terrorist want to do the same thing to Israel.
It's not like that we hate Israel,at least not me.But I dislike them for what they are doing to Palestinians.They claim Palestine as their part of country,but it's not.
October 20th, 2012  
Dzhordzhevich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabVenom

Are the only people in this forum who support Israel are either Jewish, Israelis or VDKMS?
Not a stupid question...there are a lot of people who support Israel,I don't know what's the reason for that...and well,I don't support Israel...
--
October 20th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzhordzhevich
Not a stupid question...there are a lot of people who support Israel,I don't know what's the reason for that...and well,I don't support Israel...
That goes both ways, people question me all the time why I don't support Israel, some give that typical Bush Era stare of "you must sympathize with those ####ing terrorists then"

I get that allot, I don't even bother explaining anymore.

Apparently in the 21st century looking at a map, or looking up census and historical data is incredibly difficult for most human beings. So difficult in fact that the ability to practice such does not exist in many people these days. People are passive anymore, actually analyzing a situation and thinking must require copieous amounts of energy.

And watching extremely biased unsupported sources of media outlets is so easy that it can almost be considered pleasurable.

I sometimes believe our civilization is moving backwards as time goes by in this century.
October 20th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Israel is supported by the same sort of people who supported the policies of Adolph Hitler. There were ardent Nazis in many countries outside of Germany.

Some people just have no morals.
October 20th, 2012  
Dzhordzhevich

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Israel is supported by the same sort of people who supported the policies of Adolph Hitler. There were ardent Nazis in many countries outside of Germany.

Some people just have no morals.

Honestly this was a bit hard for me to understand,but I understood what you mean.And I agree with everything you said.
October 20th, 2012  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
That goes both ways, people question me all the time why I don't support Israel, some give that typical Bush Era stare of "you must sympathize with those ####ing terrorists then"

I get that allot, I don't even bother explaining anymore.

Apparently in the 21st century looking at a map, or looking up census and historical data is incredibly difficult for most human beings. So difficult in fact that the ability to practice such does not exist in many people these days. People are passive anymore, actually analyzing a situation and thinking must require copieous amounts of energy.

And watching extremely biased unsupported sources of media outlets is so easy that it can almost be considered pleasurable.

I sometimes believe our civilization is moving backwards as time goes by in this century.
While I don't disagree with your description I do not agree with your conclusion.

I agree people are becoming desensitised but I think that this is because media sources have become very polarizing, we are constantly bombarded with so much information much of it inaccurate that it has become impossible to sort fact from fiction and as such people gravitate towards information that suits them rather than challenge themselves to find out the truth.

This is compounded by the speed of life today where as 20-30 years ago you could sit and read a book, newspaper etc. now all you get is sound bites as you run out the door.

But things are changing and you can see that with the growing disillusionment towards almost everything.

However in terms of Israel I would suggest there has been a huge change in perception.
As late as the mid-1980's you wouldn't dare suggest that Israel was becoming a pariah nation as you would be drowned out by the "remember the holocaust" crowd but these days you can not only suggest it but you will receive a certain level of support which I think in part is because of the volume of information being made available now and also because many people are just sick to death of the Middle East problem and Israel is no longer seen as the poor little country full of the downtrodden but the catalysts of the Middle Eastern problem.

I think these forums are also showing the general trend away from unconditional support of Israel, in 2005 when I joined these forums if anyone dared suggest that Israel wasn't the greatest thing since sliced bread and the Palestinians weren't the great unwashed deserving of all they got you would have 20+ posters getting very angry and threads being closed, now look at this thread and you see the exact opposite.

As I have pointed out previously time is not something that is on Israels side.
October 20th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabVenom

Not a stupid question, if you hadn't asked it that had been stupid. There are people here supporting Israel and there are people here not supporting Israel. Both sides have their valid points sometimes. There are major issues addressed by Seno which I agree with sometimes and other times I disagree with him. Sometimes I agree with VDKMS, other times I don't, with saying that; I am trying to stay neutral and not support any of the actors in this conflict. I am, however, not so pleased with the discussion here. Instead of playing the blame game, I would like to discuss solutions, not the current situation. To achieve a solution, we need to think outside the box. Personally, the only way to achieve peace is for Israel to gamble and not playing the old game, which so many countries are playing. They need a two state solution, Israel has achieved a lot militarily, but they have screwed things up politically.
October 20th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
While I don't disagree with your description I do not agree with your conclusion.

I agree people are becoming desensitised but I think that this is because media sources have become very polarizing, we are constantly bombarded with so much information much of it inaccurate that it has become impossible to sort fact from fiction and as such people gravitate towards information that suits them rather than challenge themselves to find out the truth.

This is compounded by the speed of life today where as 20-30 years ago you could sit and read a book, newspaper etc. now all you get is sound bites as you run out the door.

But things are changing and you can see that with the growing disillusionment towards almost everything.

However in terms of Israel I would suggest there has been a huge change in perception.
As late as the mid-1980's you wouldn't dare suggest that Israel was becoming a pariah nation as you would be drowned out by the "remember the holocaust" crowd but these days you can not only suggest it but you will receive a certain level of support which I think in part is because of the volume of information being made available now and also because many people are just sick to death of the Middle East problem and Israel is no longer seen as the poor little country full of the downtrodden but the catalysts of the Middle Eastern problem.

I think these forums are also showing the general trend away from unconditional support of Israel, in 2005 when I joined these forums if anyone dared suggest that Israel wasn't the greatest thing since sliced bread and the Palestinians weren't the great unwashed deserving of all they got you would have 20+ posters getting very angry and threads being closed, now look at this thread and you see the exact opposite.

As I have pointed out previously time is not something that is on Israels side.
Part of what I see here is the eventual disattachment between orginal citizens of Israel and their thoughts and goals with the future Israelies.

The same goes for people who are eying the situation around the globe. As the Cold War generation gives way to the "21 Kids". The introduction of mass media and disaperance of the Cold War Mentality will undoubtely change the outlook on the situation.
October 21st, 2012  
ScarabVenom

Quote:
Well..yeah, just many times I check a thread while reading somehow it gets to talk about Israel and ALWAYS I find VDKMS and some other members with the Israeli flag and always find seno arguing him so, I was like....why is it only VDKMS who I see defending Israel? And if it's not him, it's a member with the Israeli flag.