So why do people hate Israel? - Page 81

--

June 22nd, 2012  
Yossarian

It baffles me why some people find this consequence of Israeli actions so difficult to understand.

It's plain as day, you don't need volumes of reports and studies to understand this.

This type of situation has taken place somewhere in almost every single century since the dawn of time.

When one group of peoples pushes into another group of people lands, and pretty much knicks all of their stuff and property these types of resistance and violence will occur. Especially when whats left of your backyard looks like a foreign military base.
June 22nd, 2012  
Del Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
I want to be 25 again, and all these pricks keep telling me that it ain't gunna happen.

When you push people off their land and beating, harassing and murdering those who resist, you have to expect some comeback, unless of course you are a Zionist. Then you whine like a petulant child, because the kid you have been beating up all these years has given you a fat lip.
Rubbish answer. Try again.
June 22nd, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:
You are well aware that Israel was occupied by illegal European immigrants prior to 1947 and the flood has never stopped. It was only because the Brits tryed to stop this illegal immigration that the Jewish terrorist group Irgun bombed the King David Hotel. No occupation eh,... pity you were never aware of some of the most basic facts about the case.
Most Jews came to Palestine legally during the Ottoman Empire and the British Mandate. All citizens living in Palestine during the British mandate recieved Palestinian citizenship. Almost all Arabs came to Palestine illegaly.

Quote:
The Palestinians had every right to reject the partition just as you would have if I took over your home and gave you the choice of settling for only a part of it.
Yes they had the right to reject it but thet were wrong.

Quote:
The occupation by civil population is Illegal under International Law as has been posted here many, many times.
Then what are you doing in Australia?

Quote:
When you push people off their land and beating, harassing and murdering those who resist, you have to expect some comeback, unless of course you are a Zionist. Then you whine like a petulant child, because the kid you have been beating up all these years has given you a fat lip.
That's right. The Palestinians attacked Jews in Jerusalem first, Jews who were living there longer than the attackers did. When Israel was founded they didn't start the war, they were attacked by several Arab (muslim) states. They destroyed Jewish legal settlements and expelled the Jews from East Jerusalem that has been Jewish longer than Islam exists. They destroyed all their synagogues and their biggest graveyard. Like you said, you have to expect some comeback, and a comeback it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
It baffles me why some people find this consequence of Israeli actions so difficult to understand.

It's plain as day, you don't need volumes of reports and studies to understand this.

This type of situation has taken place somewhere in almost every single century since the dawn of time.

When one group of peoples pushes into another group of people lands, and pretty much knicks all of their stuff and property these types of resistance and violence will occur. Especially when whats left of your backyard looks like a foreign military base.
because this is about religion, not about land, otherwise the invading Arab (muslim) armies would have given the land to the Palestinians which they didn't. Jordan annexed the West Bank and East jerusalem and Egypt Gaza.
--
June 24th, 2012  
benaakatz

it is about land.

but there are two just, moral claims to this land.

most people see this.

and i will continue to defend the jewish people against your defamation time and time again. and i will do so with my head raised high.

no that does not mean i accept everything israel has done, or that they haven't made mistakes.

but i will proudly defend the jewish people's right to a homeland in part of of their national and ancestral (and continual homeland, jews retained a demographic majority in the eastern galilee throughout their years in exile).
June 24th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by benaakatz
it is about land.

but there are two just, moral claims to this land.

most people see this.
Well,... you'd better tell that to VD, he insists that it's nothing to do with land, it's all about religion.?.?.?
Of course you are right, it's definitely about the land, a land stolen from it's inhabitants by a murderous and greedy oppressor. There maybe two claims, but there is only one "moral" claim, as the Jews have no claim whatsoever, no more than you or I do to any other land where our forefathers have lived over the millennia.

Tell me, What other lands have your ancestors lived in, in the last two thousand years other than the USA and perhaps Palestine? What would be your chances of going back to any one of them without valid travel documentation and ejecting the occupants at gunpoint, whilst declaring that it is your "Right" to do so because once upon a time, you ancestors lived there?.?.?.?.... The answer to this might just give you an insight into the legitimacy of your rather stupid claim.

Quote:
and i will continue to defend the jewish people against your defamation time and time again. and i will do so with my head raised high.
Again you try to confuse the issue and obfuscate the truth. I have never defamed the "Jewish" people I have just shown the truth about a very toxic selection of them,... the Zionists, who are effectively the Westboro Baptists of Judaism, and a great many "Jews" agree with me.

What a person stands for is an accurate reflection of their worth as a human being. The world has always had a percentage of ratbags and morally bankrupt people who for reasons only known to themselves, make obviously self centred and ill informed decisions supporting rogue regimes such as you have done, no different to those who defend(ed) the actions of the Nazis, and not only deny the Holocaust but defend it as something that was absolutely necessary and for that matter, unfinished. I see that as nothing to be proud of.

Quote:
but i will proudly defend the jewish people's right to a homeland in part of of their national and ancestral (and continual homeland, jews retained a demographic majority in the eastern galilee throughout their years in exile).
As has been shown on this forum a dozen times, the Zionists have no more right to Palestine than you or I do to any of the lands inhabited by our forefathers.

Oh,.... and it may come as a shock to you, but the Jews were never, ever ( not even in the alleged day of King David) a majority in Palestine, not until after 1947. The figures below are from the Jewish Virtual Library if you can believe them?

June 24th, 2012  
r.fox

Well all that really shows is that there were 543,000 Jews to 1,267,000 non Jews. Do you have any more recent figures
June 24th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.fox
Well all that really shows is that there were 543,000 Jews to 1,267,000 non Jews. Do you have any more recent figures
you only quoted one year of about 1300 or more that the Jews were in so called exile. Of course there are more details,... but it were neither part of the original statement and so not part of my answer.

If you want to be part of the debate, at least do yourself the favour of keeping up with what is being talked about.
June 25th, 2012  
VDKMS

So the Palestinians always had a majority? Then why didn't they asked or demanded their own country?

On the other hand it is easy to have a majority if you expell the others. Before the invasion of the Arabs in the 7th century there were only jews and christians living there. In 1012, Caliph Al Hakim ordered to the Non-Muslims in Palestine either “to embrace Islam”- or leave the land. Most jews left and a flood of Arab peasants occupied their land, or should I say "stole".

Fact is that the Jews have had a country of their own before. There also were many Jewish uprisings to get it back but they had to wait until they got one from the International Community.

Did you know that in 60 AD there were 700.000 jews living in Judea? (Adolf Harnack : Ausbreitung des Christentums, Leipzig, 1902)

Did you know that since the Jewish conquest in 1272 BCE, the Jews have had dominion over the land for one thousand years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.

Quote from Charles Krauthammer - The Weekly Standard, May 11, 1998

Quote:
"Israel is the very embodiment of Jewish continuity: It is the only nation on earth that inhabits the same land, bears the same name, speaks the same language, and worships the same God that it did 3,000 years ago. You dig the soil and you find pottery from Davidic times, coins from Bar Kokhba, and 2,000-year-old scrolls written in a script remarkably like the one that today advertises ice cream at the corner candy store."
June 29th, 2012  
r.fox

Quote:
you only quoted one year of about 1300 or more that the Jews were in so called exile. Of course there are more details,... but it were neither part of the original statement and so not part of my answer.

If you want to be part of the debate, at least do yourself the favour of keeping up with what is being talked about.

why dont you provide the rest of us with more up to date information?anyway, most of this topic is about opinions, facts come in later to support the opinions
June 29th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.fox
why dont you provide the rest of us with more up to date information?anyway, most of this topic is about opinions, facts come in later to support the opinions
I'm flattered that you think that I'm gifted with god like powers, but even I can only answer the questions that are asked.

I supplied a cross section of figures covering that period in which records are known to have been kept. What else do you want? In fact this was not needed either as it is well known and has all been answered previously.

Look at the figures, you'll soon work it out, the Arab/Palestinian population had always outnumbered that of the Jews pre 1948.