So why do people hate Israel? - Page 62

--

May 6th, 2012  
RayManKiller3

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Which has no bearing whatsoever on my statement, that the Palestinians are still recognised as the Native people of the area.
So then what is the point of saying they are recognized by other nations as native people? Israel is a recognized soveriegn government by a lot of nations. Only muslim nations and friends (or enemies of the west/U.S) of muslim nations do not recognize it.

Are you saying just because something is recognized, it must be true?

Quote:
Not true. They are both regarded as the native people and carry genetic material from the earliest people of the area, having lived continuously in their respective areas through to the present day.

I disagree, they are apples and oranges. Only certain things are similar between them.
May 6th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayManKiller3
Are you saying just because something is recognized, it must be true?
No,... I never said that, nor implied it, you did.
I said that it is recognised because it is true, not the reverse

What you don't realise as an American is that if the US was to withdraw their support of Israel tomorrow, Israel's recognition would dissipate faster than a fart in a hurricane
May 6th, 2012  
RayManKiller3

Quote:
No,... I never said that, nor implied it, you did.
I said that it is recognised because it is true, not the reverse
Making sure that is not what you were trying to say.

Quote:
What you don't realise as an American is that if the US was to withdraw their support of Israel tomorrow, Israel's recognition would dissipate faster than a fart in a hurricane

Maybe, I find your metaphor pretty funny though lol.

I am going to go back to sitting at the sidelines, watching you two do your thing.
--
May 7th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayManKiller3
Making sure that is not what you were trying to say.

Maybe, I find your metaphor pretty funny though lol.

I am going to go back to sitting at the sidelines, watching you two do your thing.

Here I will clear seat for you,

Popcorn is almost done as well.
May 7th, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:
Which has no bearing whatsoever on my statement, that the Palestinians are still recognised as the Native people of the area.
And where do the "native" people living just accros the border in Jordan belong to? Jordan or Palestine? Do you remember who draw that border?

Quote:
Not true. They are both regarded as the native people and carry genetic material from the earliest people of the area, having lived continuously in their respective areas through to the present day.
All aboriginals come from the same place, Palestinians don't. A lot of them came from Arab countries. Look at their names and you'll know where they came from.
BTW the Jews are as native as your Palestinians according to your statement.
May 7th, 2012  
benaakatz

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/...xpert-1.428664

sorry,, but jews are a people. sand's book is hogwash
May 7th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
And where do the "native" people living just accros the border in Jordan belong to? Jordan or Palestine? Do you remember who draw that border?
The Jordanians have their country, they have no foreign occupier, treating them like animals and stealing their land, beating and killing anyone who resists.
Quote:
All aboriginals come from the same place, Palestinians don't. A lot of them came from Arab countries. Look at their names and you'll know where they came from.
BTW the Jews are as native as your Palestinians according to your statement.
Who said all Aboriginals came from the same place? If you want to go down that road, everyone on earth came from the same place.
The Jews can't be "native", as has been pointed out several times. approximately 94% of them are European occupiers, or their descendants, The few descendants of those who never left do have legitimacy, other than that the remainder are just thieves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benaakatz
http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/...xpert-1.428664

sorry,, but jews are a people. sand's book is hogwash
Even Rabbinical scholars will tell you that Jews are not a Race. They are a cultural group based on religion.

There is a simple proof of this. "race" is genetic, you can't change your race, e.g. I can't elect to be a Negro or Asian, but anyone can become a Jew.

From Judaism 101
Quote:
In the 1980s, the United States Supreme Court ruled that Jews are a race, at least for purposes of certain anti-discrimination laws. Their reasoning: at the time these laws were passed, people routinely spoke of the "Jewish race" or the "Italian race" as well as the "Negro race," so that is what the legislators intended to protect.
But many Jews were deeply offended by that decision, offended by any hint that Jews could be considered a race. The idea of Jews as a race brings to mind nightmarish visions of Nazi Germany, where Jews were declared to be not just a race, but an inferior race that had to be rounded up into ghettos and exterminated like vermin.
But setting aside the emotional issues, Jews are clearly not a race.
May 8th, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:
The Jordanians have their country, they have no foreign occupier, treating them like animals and stealing their land, beating and killing anyone who resists.
You seem to forget that Jordan once annexed the West Bank and later renounced it and threw the Palestinians (PLO) out of Jordan. Why is it that Jordanians are allowed to expell Palestinians and Israelis are not?

Israel only occupies a part of the West Bank and this was agreed by the Palestinians in the peace accords of Oslo.

Quote:
Who said all Aboriginals came from the same place? If you want to go down that road, everyone on earth came from the same place.
The Jews can't be "native", as has been pointed out several times. approximately 94% of them are European occupiers, or their descendants, The few descendants of those who never left do have legitimacy, other than that the remainder are just thieves.
Over 70% of the Jews in Israel are born there. Most of their ancesters immigrated legally and got their citizenships legally, just as immigrating Arabs. Both during the Ottoman Empire and the British mandate, and of course once Israel was founded.
Someone who aquires a property legally is not a thief.

Quote:
Even Rabbinical scholars will tell you that Jews are not a Race. They are a cultural group based on religion.

There is a simple proof of this. "race" is genetic, you can't change your race, e.g. I can't elect to be a Negro or Asian, but anyone can become a Jew.

From Judaism 101
So you agree that this "Palestinian" conflict is about religion.
Either the Jews are not a race and it is all about religion or they are a race and your opinion is wrong.

I think you did not read benaakatz link.
May 8th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
You seem to forget that Jordan once annexed the West Bank and later renounced it and threw the Palestinians (PLO) out of Jordan. Why is it that Jordanians are allowed to expell Palestinians and Israelis are not?
In case you haven't noticed the Jordanians have gone home and left the Palestinians to do as they want.
Quote:
Israel only occupies a part of the West Bank and this was agreed by the Palestinians in the peace accords of Oslo.
Under duress,...

Quote:
Over 70% of the Jews in Israel are born there. Most of their ancesters immigrated legally and got their citizenships legally, just as immigrating Arabs. Both during the Ottoman Empire and the British mandate, and of course once Israel was founded.
Someone who aquires a property legally is not a thief.
No, You do not own acquired property if it is stolen, doing it knowingly is an even greater crime.
Quote:
So you agree that this "Palestinian" conflict is about religion.
Either the Jews are not a race and it is all about religion or they are a race and your opinion is wrong.
Only for the Israelis, it must be so, as they have no other reason to invade and occupy the land of another people.
May 9th, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:
In case you haven't noticed the Jordanians have gone home and left the Palestinians to do as they want.
The Jordanians haven't forgotten september 1970 when the PLO wanted more say in Jordan. The result was that the PLO was kicked out of Jordan and fled to Libanon where they had to flee again because of the Israeli invasion because of the terrorist attacks. The PLO fled to Tunesia.
Even today Palestinians are not welcome in Jordan. 100.000 Syrian refugees are in Jordan, but 1.000 Palestinians were not allowed to enter.

There are only two places where Palestinians are tolerated. The Palestinian Territories and Israel. In other countries most of them live in refugee camps.

Quote:
Under duress,...
which Arafat agreed. The duress is because they have to, not because they wish to.

Quote:
No, You do not own acquired property if it is stolen, doing it knowingly is an even greater crime.
True, but they didn't steal it, they bought it. Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco did after Israel was declared a state in 1948.

Quote:
Only for the Israelis, it must be so, as they have no other reason to invade and occupy the land of another people.
It is time that you learn the difference between an invasion (Arab invasions of Israel - multiple times) and legal immigration in the Ottoman Empire and British Mandate.