So why do people hate Israel?

The one who controls the air has the power to destroy the tanks. Whether it is a Challenger, Merkava or Abrams.

I do not want to be in a tank where the enemy controls the sky.

I don't want to be a in a tank full stop!

However, that wasn't the question, I was talking tank on tank.

I don't want to be a in a tank full stop!

However, that wasn't the question, I was talking tank on tank.

If we take the MBT out from the context of combined warfare, I think they are quite equal. The Merkava 4?, The M1A2, the Challenger 2, Leo 2, Leclerc, The latest Korean, which I don't remember what the Koreans' are calling it, Japan has a quite new MBT as well, and I don't remember what it's called. But that is only the technical specifications of them. It is more difficult to evaluate the crews. Training and exercises are expensive and simulators can only cover a part of it.

If we take the MBT out from the context of combined warfare, I think they are quite equal. The Merkava 4?, The M1A2, the Challenger 2, Leo 2, Leclerc, The latest Korean, which I don't remember what the Koreans' are calling it, Japan has a quite new MBT as well, and I don't remember what it's called. But that is only the technical specifications of them. It is more difficult to evaluate the crews. Training and exercises are expensive and simulators can only cover a part of it.

Don't worry, I am sure there is a video game covering this somewhere. lol

Don't worry, I am sure there is a video game covering this somewhere. lol

I suppose so, however, the only one I can think of attacking Israel in similar fashion as the Yom Kippur is Syria, to get Golan back, but they are busy with other things right now. Theoretically if Egypt wanted to "liberate" Gaza, but highly unlikely, due to the Camp David treaty, Egypt shall not have major forces in Sinai and if they move a significant large force to Sinai, they will be detected. I do not think Jordan is so interested to wage war at Israel to take the West Bank either. Further, I don't think Israel is so interested to take a trip to Suez either, even if somebody commenced shelling and rocket fire at them from Sinai

Last edited:
Here's something else to consider regarding the (il)legitimacy of the "Jewish people" as an entity.
Investigations by Israeli Prof. Shlomo Sand, professor of history at Tel Aviv University, have indicated that the "Jewish People" per se are largely a recent (250 years ago) invention of purely nationalistic convenience. He also calls to question many Jewish beliefs about their past including their alleged origins, showing that a great many of these so called "facts" have absolutely no supporting evidence and are in fact far more likely to be completely false.

He sees this work not as an attack on Israel, and to a large degree this is accepted, but there is no denying that if true it chops the legs out from under many Zionist claims.

Prof. Shlomo Sand

It's long, (1hr40mins) and the camera work is all over the place at the start, but well worth watching (listening to) for anyone at all interested in Israel and the Jewish people.

Oh,... and, "Happy Passover" :wink:

Last edited:
---snip---
Ignored. All answered before
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is interesting to note that Professor Sands research also supports previous thoughts that there were never any early Jews in the middle east, and that those people who arrived later in what is now the middle east were Khazars from Asia minor. Whereas the Sephardim, who have always been regarded themselves as different, were actually North African Berbers who merely adopted Judaism in the period prior to their arrival in Spain.

It appears that the notion of a separate "Jewish people" is completely without any supporting proof.

Last edited:
Ignored. All answered before
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is interesting to note that Professor Sands research also supports previous thoughts that there were never any early Jews in the middle east, and that those people who arrived later in what is now the middle east were Khazars from Asia minor. Whereas the Sephardim, who have always been regarded themselves as different, were actually North African Berbers who merely adopted Judaism in the period prior to their arrival in Spain.

It appears that the notion of a separate "Jewish people" is completely without any supporting proof.

Sounds like nonsense to me. I will look into the matter, although I have dealt with this period many times before; but it is just a waste of time, the truth never seems to interest you.

May the peace of Christ be with you. Happy Easter.

Last edited:
At about 8min mark. He also shows that the very idea of "The Exodus" is highly improbable.

There would have been no point in the Jews fleeing from Egypt to Canaan, (the area they now claim as their homeland), as at that time Canaan was still a part of Egypt.

It would be like breaking back into captivity.

Of course this thread carries a loaded title.

The only relevant response to 'So why do people hate Israel'? has to be 'Which people'?

Certain people who shall be nameless , no names, no pack-drill,(Senojekips) have taken a sudden interest in Jewish history. It seems they only just heard about Exodus and they are now busily re-writing it . Nevertheless, a step in the right direction I reckon, for a nice Jewish boy.

Last edited:
Here's something else to consider regarding the (il)legitimacy of the "Jewish people" as an entity.
Investigations by Israeli Prof. Shlomo Sand, professor of history at Tel Aviv University, have indicated that the "Jewish People" per se are largely a recent (250 years ago) invention of purely nationalistic convenience. He also calls to question many Jewish beliefs about their past including their alleged origins, showing that a great many of these so called "facts" have absolutely no supporting evidence and are in fact far more likely to be completely false.

He sees this work not as an attack on Israel, and to a large degree this is accepted, but there is no denying that if true it chops the legs out from under many Zionist claims.

Prof. Shlomo Sand

It's long, (1hr40mins) and the camera work is all over the place at the start, but well worth watching (listening to) for anyone at all interested in Israel and the Jewish people.

Oh,... and, "Happy Passover" :wink:

Read this : Shlomo Sand Ridiculed by Historian Simon Schama

Yes - in 2009 he was a man with a book to sell; so he needed the controversy.

Although he was a prof. in Tel Aviv - Israeli history was not his field, and many colleagues and experts have complained that he should stick to his field of European history I understand. So although his book became a best-seller, it was not recognised among his peers as of significance on this issue. I will have to take a look for myself.

Ridiculed maybe, but not in anyway disproved, all Shama does is fall back on the previous man made myths and religious claptrap.

Then look at DNA studies and his book falls to pieces. Anyway, if we go back far enough in history we all end up somewhere in southern africa.

Then look at DNA studies and his book falls to pieces. Anyway, if we go back far enough in history we all end up somewhere in southern africa.
If you want to go that way, so does any claim of a "Jewish People"

How much further do you want to go back?...

Your assupmtions are running a marathon I suppose.

The only crime here is my facetious comment.

Your assupmtions are running a marathon I suppose.

The only crime here is my facetious comment.
Well I guess that just shows that if you make a silly comment about a serious subject, the answer you'll receive is rarely going to be what you wanted to hear, bearing in mind that my answer wasn't about your answer, but that of VD. I thought that you were also saying how ridiculous it was.

Last edited:
Back