So, What's an MRE?

AJChenMPH

Forum Health Inspector
DURING OPERATION DESERT STORM, my family and I wrote to several service members stationed in the Gulf. My younger brother asked one officer what "MRE" stands for. The captain wrote back, "MRE stands for 'Meals Ready to Eat' -- three lies in one!"

--Contributed to "Humor In Uniform" by Rosanne Moore

Provided Courtesy of Reader's Digest.

A mate of mine who served in the Australian army alongside Delta in Somalia refers to them as "Meals Rejected By Ethiopians".

AussieNick said:
A mate of mine who served in the Australian army alongside Delta in Somalia refers to them as "Meals Rejected By Ethiopians".

I didn't know Delta airlines was in Somalia! :D Awesome!

ARMY101 said:
Was that a joke? Or your gross cluelessness as to "Delta" being Delta Force?

Don't be silly. Of course I know what Delta Force is. It's one of the better movies Chuck Norris put out!

Judging from the numerous times we were raided up at Fort Drum, NY my old unit long ago decided that MRE stands for "Meals Raccoons Eat".

Actually I trained alot of 10th Mountain, but was never a part of it. I was in the 86th FA then but worked at the Mountain Warfare School in Jericho, VT.

Yes.. Airlines... Of course.
Yeah the SASR guys and the sigs (my mate was a sig for the SAS) attached to them did a fair bit of trade with those fellas.

AussieNick said:

dont forget Meals Ready/Refusing to Exit:spam: :spam:

One guy in my unit called them a meal completely military..a noun with a prepretory command followed by a verb...meal....ready.....eat!

actually meals rejected by everyone has a better ring to it...: )

Back