Was it so?

Englander2

Good evening, after the BBC closed their message thread "Points Askew" I looked for a new chance of meeting people, who do not accept everything they are told without checking the facts for themselves. My own experience is, that history books seldom tell the truth as it was during my life time.

Welcome aboard.

Since when did history books EVER tell the whole truth ... history books are written by the victors, not the losers.

Hi Englander2, let me welcome you aboard. There are good books and great books, bad books and awful ones. The bad ones are so many more.

Welcome Englander2. I look forward to reading your posts. You are right about History as it happened evolving into History as being politically correct and just plain lies, if only by omission.

Greetings Engalnder2. And yes history tends to be interesting. As it tends to be written by the victors, but enough search should reveal whats really behind the closed curtains 8)

Welcome to the forums Englander2.

Yes I agree history is written by man, who has the greatest habit of changing things to suit their own agenda. Its wise to read widely therefore you can judge for yourself.

Geez I sound like my old English teacher, arrrh no I learnt something from her. Heheheheeee........

Back