So Many US Military Bases... Why?

I don't expect E.U will become one nation freely. That is fantasy thinking if you ask me. Too much French-Brit rivalry, makes that close to impossible as you need both those nations to even make a E.U be effective.

Each country in the E.U have their own interest. E.U is basically a economical agreement between the countries, nothing more. The nations in the E.U wouldn't even want to help the other out militarily.

I think the major one in NATO is the United States, Britain, and Canada... The only reason so many countries joined it is because the UN advised and they know those three countries were in it.

UN is the voice, NATO is the fist. The only major countries in E.U is Britain, France, and Germany(which is not allowed to make an army too great in size).
Turkey has the second (or third, can't remember which) largest army in NATO and if it becomes part of the E.U, will add massively to it's total military might.

And N.A.T.O is a joke, there isn't a single damned plan or contingency for any sort of attacks.

Turkey has the second (or third, can't remember which) largest army in NATO and if it becomes part of the E.U, will add massively to it's total military might.

And N.A.T.O is a joke, there isn't a single damned plan or contingency for any sort of attacks.

N.A.T.O is only a joke because only 3 countries in it is willing to do anything. United States, United Kingdom, and Canada. All the rest in N.A.T.O does nothing and is afraid to get their hands dirty.

Turkey joining E.U will add massively to it's total economic might, not military. E.U is not a military agreement as I said before. It is more economical and all in the E.U hold their own interests.

N.A.T.O is only a joke because only 3 countries in it is willing to do anything. United States, United Kingdom, and Canada. All the rest in N.A.T.O does nothing and is afraid to get their hands dirty.

Turkey joining E.U will add massively to it's total economic might, not military. E.U is not a military agreement as I said before. It is more economical and all in the E.U hold their own interests.
I believe you are confusing the E.U with it's predecessors, which were indeed nothing more than trade-alliances.

I believe you are confusing the E.U with it's predecessors, which were indeed nothing more than trade-alliances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union

"The European Union (EU) is an economic and political union of 27 member states,[9] located primarily in Europe. Committed to regional integration,the EU was established by the Treaty of Maastricht on 1 November 1993 upon the foundations of the European Communities.[10] With over 500 million citizens,[11] the EU combined generates an estimated 30% share (US$ 18.4 trillion in 2008) of the nominal gross world product and about 22% (US$15.2 trillion in 2008) of the PPP gross world product.[12]"

They only have these military groups called EU Battlegroups. It only consist of 2,500 in each group and only have 15 of it.. That is only 37,500 troops. Not really an effective military agreement if you ask me. It can only be deployed for a maximum of 120 days.

Last edited:
Back