So i just officialy signed my life away!

Indeed... In Iraq they speak mostly Arabic... And I mean by that the classical Arabic... Of course, they have local accent. But if you are from Egypt of Libya, you will understand an Iraqi pretty easily...

The Arabic you find in Northern Africa like in Tunisia, Morroco and Algeria is much different because it's mixed with many languages... They even use words coming from the Hebrew... And some African and European words...

Anyway, It's not my job to provide language training... I'm not the teacher type.

But wolfen? do you really think that I'm the kind to ask you to stay smiling to someone who is trying to kill you?

It seems like you want me to, so far it seems to me that you think were the bad guys in this war

wolfen, I dont believe in bad guys and good guys...

We all have our bad points and good points... I dont live in a binear world. It's not black and white...

I see that our people are loosing faith in our system. And this is, if you ask me, the biggest danger we will have to face.

Terrorism is a joke. They cant win a war like that.

Go ahead Redneck, explain to me what are good people and bad people...

Are they born evil? is there evil genes? or is there evil culture?

If you were a Palestinian kid, you could be supporting terrorism.

So no, I think that I have a moral compass.
The people who dont have a moral compass are the ones who drop fragmentation bombs where there is innocent civilians...

Is the guy who refuses to shoot unless he is sure that he wont hit an innocent a coward?
If you ask me. The coward is the guy who prefers to shoot innocents rather than risk his life.
The coward is the guy who rather drop bombs from far away ignoring the people who live there rather than to come close and look at his enemy in the eyes.

wolfen, I dont believe in bad guys and good guys...

We all have our bad points and good points... I dont live in a binear world. It's not black and white...

I see that our people are loosing faith in our system. And this is, if you ask me, the biggest danger we will have to face.

Terrorism is a joke. They cant win a war like that.

Terrorism is a joke? I'm glad you find killing innocent people in the name of a god funny.
the world may not be Black and White, but it DOES have certain rules that MUST be maintained, or we all fall into total chaos.
Loseing faith ina system isn't always a bad thing, if a system no longer serves its purpose, then it needs to be replaced. Until it is replaced it needs to be maintained.

wolfen, you dont have good intents towards me... You are looking for trouble. You give to all my words the worse interpretation you can make.

I never said it was funny. Terrorism isnt a major threat. The billions of dollars wasted to fight terrorism are more dangerous than terrorism itself...

If the economy collapses, the harm done to our life style will be huge. Once we will close schools and hospitals because we wont have money... We will be loosing A LOT.One billion more than the full potential of terrorism.

And your intent towards me is....................?
So far you have come off like America is the bad guy cause we sent our military into a place where a known terrorist was who orchestrated he 911 attack on this country.
You think terrorists can be reasoned with, I try to get the point across that they don't reason with people and you refuse to accept the fact that they want to kill you, thats all, they don't want your education, they don't want our troops to lean Arabic so they can say stop at a check point, all they want is to kill as many people that don't agree with their warped view of their religion.

If the economy collapses its called a depression, were currently in a recession, which is one step away for a collapsed economy, if the world leaders have an ounce of common sense (which I doubt they do) they will work to fix the economy instead of putting a band aid over a open wound like they are now, short term bailouts will not work unless a strategic plan is set up to keep the problem from happening again.

But your wrong about my intents toward you, I have no intent towards you at all. I really hope your education of the world works for you, but I'm sorry, in reality what you'l have after schooling terrorists is a ied builder that can read.

LeMask, there are such things as bad people. If you try to go reason with them, they will kill you. And if they just kill you, be thankful. They'll probably rape you and then kill you. And no, the rape has nothing to do with homosexuality. It's about power and humiliation. Ever heard of such a thing before? Well believe it. They very well could take turns ramming their cocks up your butt while the rest stand around laughing at you and spitting on your face. Then they'll play a little game where they decide which one gets to cut your head off.
Such people exist.

Well... That was graphic. Thanks for the explanation...

But my point is that these people werent "born like that"... Believe it or not. But I swear to god that even Ben Laden was an innocent baby...

But they turned into... I dont know... criminals? ... dirty faces...

And yes Redneck, I've heard about power and humiliation. Ummm... I still remember a human pyramid with naked Iraqi prisonners in some US controled prison...

I'm sorry to say that. Honestly, I wish we could agree with each others.
But the problem, is that I'm sure that you (and wolfen and sherman and a lot of guys here) are decent people. I'm glad to have you on my side anyway...

I dont ask for perfection. I'm not yet an idealist who wants a clean war against terrorism where we wish a merry christmas to terrorists and eat marshmallows around a fire singing with them...

It's just that I see that these terrorists are winning. I dont mean winning in the military point of view... They get their asses kicked... They have to use cheap tricks to have results...
But I see that our economy is hurt, that whole countries are destroyed (Iraq is a mess)... And it looks like extremism is rising all over the world... And our government start using dirty tricks too, like Guantanamo, torture... The troops moral is falling, we start to lie to the public... the good honest citizens dont trust governments anymore...

The situation is pretty bad...

Actually that's precisely how people are born.
We know only ourselves. Our survival. Hoarding of supplies for ourselves and denying all others of supplies even if we don't need it, simply to kill them off so they don't bother us.
Why do you think the tribal societies are obsessed with warriors? They were always fighting. The Apache, Commanche, Iroquois, Aztecs, Vikings, Mongols, Durus... they committed atrocities and genoicide on a rather regular basis. It was the norm. That is the norm.
Look at children at play. They are horrible. They are the most insensitive, racist, mean... until they are disciplined and taught not to do so.
People are evil by nature LeMask. We must show that evil does not pay.

Good answer. It's a very interesting view. A lot of truth. It's true that it's part of our nature. We have the predator, the hunter and the warrior inside us...

But we also have the power to build etc... We follow our primitive pulsions when we want something... When we need something.

Makes me remember the 7 sins and the 7 virtues...
Lust Vs chastity
Greed Vs generosity
Laziness Vs Zele
Anger Vs Patience
Pride Vs humility
Etc etc... I dont know them all in English...

Laziness can be the source of slavery... maybe also treating women as second class citizen...

But I think that you are a sinner too. Arrogance maybe? It's always hiding behind the pride...
You have to give people a chance. And I dont mean a chance to get you... Or to get away with their crimes. But just a chance to not turn into bad guys...

It's a good thing to have faith in mankind and to let them the chance to do the right choice.

Some people are born bad, there are actually people out there who think of killing, stealing, raping and stuff like that all over the place, most are just smart enough to keep it to themselves.
Everybody has a bred in mean streak, it all depends on what you do with it as you grow up.

the terrorists are NOT winning, they have nothing to the economy, if you dig deep enough and stop listening to the news, you'll discover that the failing world economy is the fault of the US stock market crashing and crashing, and what started that is basically that some dork based economy on weather or not I can buy a house that requires a $500,000 mortgage, with a paycheck that is only $100,000, that and in the '70's lobbyists got all the restrictions put in place after the great depression removed so the bankers could make billions. terrorists had nothing to do with that, unless you consider them financial terrorist, which I might tend to agree with.

I still stand behind my statement that all terrorists should be killed instantly, no questions asked. How you determine who is a terrorist, is up to govt and courts. That in itself is 1/2 of the problem, since the govt and courts are as weak as a cute little kitten.

There is financial criminals and financial terrorists...

But I dont mix them up. I dont think that the terrorists destroyed the economy... I just think that the way on terror costs a lot of money.

But the problem isnt here yet. If it's worth it. We are ready to spend. The problem is that we need money to fight... We need money to pay for soldiers, equipement, oil for the vehicules, spare parts, medical care for the wounded, money for the intelligence service, trainings, ammunition, military research... Etc etc...

This spending is part of our military superiority. If we can win in a direct battle, it's because our soldiers are well trained, well equiped and well supported...

The day we will have no money... We will have to adopt defensive tactics... Hide behind sandbags... And we will loose the initiative... And maybe the edge on the enemy...

So I'm worried about the economy... its effect on the war, and on our societies.

Well yea...... any war costs a lot of money.
Heres a bit of what the government here in the US will do if money runs low for the war on terror,
(1) print more money to cover the cost of the war
(2) secretly raise taxes to pay for the war
(3) pull out and leave like we did in Vietnam and lose.
personally I enjoy my freedom enough to hope they pick option (1)
Yea my kids will pay for it, just like were paying for the wars our ancestors fought.

Responding to an old thread

Well... That was graphic. Thanks for the explanation...

But my point is that these people werent "born like that"... Believe it or not. But I swear to god that even Ben Laden was an innocent baby...

But they turned into... I dont know... criminals? ... dirty faces...

And yes Redneck, I've heard about power and humiliation. Ummm... I still remember a human pyramid with naked Iraqi prisonners in some US controled prison...

I'm sorry to say that. Honestly, I wish we could agree with each others.
But the problem, is that I'm sure that you (and wolfen and sherman and a lot of guys here) are decent people. I'm glad to have you on my side anyway...
The situation is pretty bad...

I can understand how it would be comforting to know that.
I can promise you that we would much rather be able to go to work and not worry about planes flying into our buildings.
Ofcourse we would like to have all of our loved ones home with us as we sit down to dinner in the evenings, not to mention holidays.
The reality is there are extremists who will go to any length to destroy this
PEACE AND HARMONY we all strive for.
No parent wants to lose a son or daughter in combat.
We all want peace, especially those of us who have family in the military.

I will NEVER see my son as a 'sacrifice'. He volunteered to serve our country.
I'm grateful to all those who did in the past, all those currently serving our country ,our allies, I appreciate all that you do.
Thank you for your service and I pray for your safe return.
To all those who didn't , may you rest in peace knowing we will never forget you. Thank you PVT Solaris, I hope you are safe.

Last edited:
Back