Sniping Bicycles

goaliedude66630

Im not a sniper but i have read a book about a sniper in Veitnam and if there are any snipers, in the book he says that he shoot a bike and broke the bottom bar on it from 1 1/2 miles away is that realistic and has anyone done something like that

If I'm right, a few years back a Canadian sniper made a 2.4Km shot in Afghanistan with a .50 Sniper Rifle. Now, 2.4Km is about 1.5 miles, so...yeah. People have made shots from extreme distances before.

goaliedude66630 said:
Im not a sniper but i have read a book about a sniper in Veitnam and if there are any snipers, in the book he says that he shoot a bike and broke the bottom bar on it from 1 1/2 miles away is that realistic and has anyone done something like that

:?
goalie, they came out with this new invention called a "period." It's pretty cool. :lol:

As far as your question goes, to say whether it is a feasable shot or not, you'd have to provide just a touch more information (i.e. what weapon was used, was he aiming at the frame, etc.).

Id have to agree with redneck. details are terribly important. I mean, you can snipe at a person with a rocket launched missle.

now look guys! sniping isnt just for riflemen anymore! :D

Well Mr. Redneck I run into you allot....... Like the periods!!!! Last I check snipers didn’t carry around anything besides a sniper rifle. Shot at the frame yes bottom part really. 50 ca. is what I believe he said. I don’t have the book anymore my grandpa took it went he went down to Florida. But anyway as for rocket launcher man. Find me a sniper that carrys one and then we can she if he can hit a target 1.5 miles away. :sniper:

goal...we all know that a sniper wouldnt carry a rocket launcher. That was just having a good time.

However, now if i had a davy crocket ground to ground missile...well the windage wouldnt matter! :D

Very true MR. Mark. Im sorry but i was just alittle mad at Mr. Redneck he always picks on me. I know that i need it most of the time but he could have been a little nicer. I don't know what kind of missile!! But i got the point!

Its a very bad joke im afraid...the davy crocket was a 1.5 kiloton battlefied missle..one of the smallest made. It kind of took everything for like a 1000 meters around the impact area.

Soldier on! :D

Dear Mr. Goalie, Mr. Redneck, Mr. Mark, and Mr. Ed, this is the funniest thread I've read in days. :lol:

The longest recored sniper kill was made by Carlos Hathcock, a marine sniper, during Vietnam with a .50 BMG. It was 2250 meters, approximately a mile and 3/8.

Edit:
This record was recently broken in Operation Anaconda when a Canadian three-man sniper team from the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI), set the new record with a shot of 2,400 meters on a Taliban fighter.

Pick on someone your owen age. Really i dont mind because I know that your right when you do it. Its just that its so consistent. But a cookie would be great ill give you my adress and you can mail me one!!!

goaliedude66630 said:
Pick on someone your owen age. Really i dont mind because I know that your right when you do it. Its just that its so consistent. But a cookie would be great ill give you my adress and you can mail me one!!!

:lol: You got it.

And I DO "pick" on folks my own age, in fact a couple days ago I went to the old folks home and started making fun of their wheelchairs and challenging them to race me. I only lost once.

Great Gramps Now sweety I told you a hundred times not to do that. You might get hurt. You knopw your as big of a smart :cen: as i am. i love having convo's with you!!

well

Cute Goalie.....Next off-toppic will be deleted, poster hanged, posters family locked away, posters home town torched, posters pet sold to a meat factory.... :lol: ...REALLY THOUGH<NO MOREW OFFTOPPICS!!!

Back