Snipers

Boobies

I have some questions about snipers.
What would be considered a good sniper rifle?

In 2 men team, what weapons do the spot man carry?

Do Snipers have choice of choosing long range sniper rifles or regular calibre sniper rifles? What do most of snipers use?

How many rounds of ammos do snipers carry when carry eitehr long range or regular calibre rifles? What other weapons does sniper carry when in scouting or sniping missions? What otehr gears does sniper carry when in long distance mission?

What weapons does spot man carry? Does he carry extra assault rifle for the sniper? What other weapons and gears does spot man carry? How many rounds of ammos do spot man carry? Does he carry extra rounds for the sniper rifle?

How long do they usually go on a mission for?

Is the Cal0.5 long range sniper rifle choice of weapon for other snipers from different countries? If not, why not?

1. M24 would be "pretty good"
2. Depends on the mission, some will carry Stoner SR-25's.
3.Depends on the mission, if it's counter, HTI, or something else.
7.62 NATO (.308 Win)
4. Depends on mission duration
5. sidearms of various types, subguns, full auto rifles, back up rifles...again it depends.
6. Binos, compas, GPS, knife, com gear, Racal Burst transmitter, log book, food, water, bla bla bla...loadouts are different for different missions.
7. Same as 6
8. Sometimes a day, sometimes a week, sometimes in between...sometimes a little longer...it depends on where out is and what's going on.
9. .50 Cal BMG in the US is an HTI weapon, it's hard to say what others use it for...most will use it for HTI or barricade.

Boobies said:
I have some questions about snipers.
What would be considered a good sniper rifle?

In 2 men team, what weapons do the spot man carry?

Do Snipers have choice of choosing long range sniper rifles or regular calibre sniper rifles? What do most of snipers use?

How many rounds of ammos do snipers carry when carry eitehr long range or regular calibre rifles? What other weapons does sniper carry when in scouting or sniping missions? What otehr gears does sniper carry when in long distance mission?

What weapons does spot man carry? Does he carry extra assault rifle for the sniper? What other weapons and gears does spot man carry? How many rounds of ammos do spot man carry? Does he carry extra rounds for the sniper rifle?

How long do they usually go on a mission for?

Is the Cal0.5 long range sniper rifle choice of weapon for other snipers from different countries? If not, why not?[

/quote]

All of your questions can be answered by this.
Determined by mission and branch of service.

In general speaking...

I read some article about sniper team. It stated the spot man always carry an assult rifles for protecting the sniper when things get too hairy. Say, in a long mission in the jungles (a week+), what weapons and gears you would bring? And how many ammos the sniper and spot man bring?

Do they carry really light, loike 2 clips of sniper rifle ammos and 4 -5 clips of assult rifle ammos?

I don't know much about snipers except watch sniper movies. So please list a few mission senerios and the gears for me please?

There ought to be a comparative analysis of the prefered sniper rifles out there based on things like: Ease of use, accuracy/consistency, penetration (which is mostly the ammo of course), etc. I wonder is such a comparison exists?

Sniper is one job I never want to have!!!

and heres why you very literally have to see the face of the man your going to kill you have to give up alittle bit of your humanity to see then kill a man right in front of your face!!!!!

Hey EternalOne, about what you were talking about, i know a guy who was a former army sniper and he said that if you think of them as human beings it will screw you up, he said that in sniper school they teach you to think of them as targets, and you have to believe it to, the people you ee in your scope are targets nothing more, you think of them as humans and it will make you crazy, and not crazy in the good way.

Back