Snipers Kill Insurgent, Recover Marine Sniper Rifle.

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Snipers Kill Insurgent, Recover Marine Sniper Rifle.

Camp Habbaniyah, Iraq - Scout snipers from 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment killed an enemy sniper and recovered a Marine sniper rifle lost nearly two years ago during a mission near Habbaniyah June 16.

The rifle was the one formerly used by four Marines of 2nd Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment who were killed on a rooftop in Ramadi June 21, 2004.

Sniper Section Four was in a hide when the spotter observed a military-aged male inside a nearby parked car videotaping a passing patrol of amphibious assault vehicles. The Marines saw a rifle stock by the insurgent’s side.

“We were in the right place at the right time,” said Sgt. Kevin Homestead an infantryman from K Company serving as a spotter for the sniper team that day.

They first radioed the passing Marines and told them they were being watched by an enemy sniper and to stay low. The insurgent then sealed his own fate by preparing the weapon. The 21-year-old Marine sniper, who declined to be interviewed – aimed in at the gunman’s head behind the rear-side window.

He recited a mantra in his head. Breathe, relax, aim, squeeze, surprise.

The enemy sniper died with the gun in his lap.

Go to www.Military.com for the rest of the story.

Good, I hope that in some way the US Marine Corps will place that rifle in there Museum at Camp Lejune.

The 21-year-old Marine sniper, who declined to be interviewed – aimed in at the gunman’s head behind the rear-side window.

He recited a mantra in his head. Breathe, relax, aim, squeeze, surprise.

The enemy sniper died with the gun in his lap.

owned... :D

5.56X45mm said:
Good, I hope that in some way the US Marine Corps will place that rifle in there Museum at Camp Lejune.

No, I think it would be more fitting if the rifle was returned to 2/4 so that it may exact revenge on insurgents at a later date.

I am going to guess that the sniper rifle in question is a M40A1.

Back