sniper.

I would think that glasses may be a hazard if they reflect sunlight and give the sniper looking at you a good bullseye. I don't know what the official rules are though.

Quick Q and A. Can you be a sniper if you wear glasses, or could you get laser eye surgury. Just wondering.

Yup, you can have glasses as long as your vision is correctable to 20/20. Laser surgery is also an option these days.

yeah glasses are fine BUT i would NOT do laser eye surgery until you get in. A USMC recruiter told me that if i did it before i got in it could make me ineligabe to get IN even. They dont want you screwing with yourself till they get you : P

SMPRfidlis said:
yeah glasses are fine BUT i would NOT do laser eye surgery until you get in. A USMC recruiter told me that if i did it before i got in it could make me ineligabe to get IN even. They dont want you screwing with yourself till they get you : P

Yeah, having had laser eye surgery, you would be ineligible, BUT, these days waivers are pretty common for folks that have had it, it's mostly a little sidestep you have to take but won't really keep you out of the military anymore. That said, it is better to wait if you're thinking about it, just to save yourself the paperwork and to eliminate a step your recruiter could slack off/mess up on.

So, if you've already had it, just make sure you get a waiver. If you haven't, just wait a few months.

Back