Sniper Rifles

Koponkof

:sniper:anybody ever heard of the M110 SASS? I freaking love it! The supressor does wonders for not giving away your position and the semi-automatic feature enables you to engage in close quarters IF NEED BE. Also ideal for urban enviroment. A 1 minute gun.

M24, best for stalks and rigorious terrain because it's light weight. Also a 1 minute gun.

M107 Barret .50 cal. Great for stationary and show of force, not something you'd want to move with! Only a 3 minute gun, so you'll have some pretty big shot groups.

Anyone else got any personal favorites and why?

Scope is the MARK 4 Alpha TMR 1/2 a minute adjustment.
M110_ECP_Left.jpg

Last edited:
:sniper:anybody ever heard of the M110 SASS? I freaking love it! The supressor does wonders for not giving away your position and the semi-automatic feature enables you to engage in close quarters IF NEED BE. Also ideal for urban enviroment. A 1 minute gun.

M24, best for stalks and rigorious terrain because it's light weight. Also a 1 minute gun.

M107 Barret .50 cal. Great for stationary and show of force, not something you'd want to move with! Only a 3 minute gun, so you'll have some pretty big shot groups.

Anyone else got any personal favorites and why?

Scope is the MARK 4 Alpha TMR 1/2 a minute adjustment.
M110_ECP_Left.jpg

Could y pse shrink the picture a little. How does the suppressor not give you away your position...?​

Reduces the sound tremendously and helps eliminate the flash. the supressor isn't shown in this picture, however it has a 10,000 bullet life span. the same as your M110 barrell so there is never a reason to pull it off, only to clean it.

It also helps with stability and accuracy.

Reduces the sound tremendously and helps eliminate the flash. the supressor isn't shown in this picture, however it has a 10,000 bullet life span. the same as your M110 barrell so there is never a reason to pull it off, only to clean it.

It also helps with stability and accuracy.

Sure you're not confusing suppressor with silencer...?....My experience is that silencers do not work well with supersonic projectiles.

That said, a suppressor (recoil reducer, barrel-lift reducer - also called compensator) can actually increase the give-away due to increased dust-signature when firing.

The Finns had their own solution to this. They rebuilt a Sako bolt rifle with an integrated barrel/silencer and developed a subsonic .308 cartridge for it. Of course, such a combo would have a lousy range/trajectory, which need you to get closer to your target. But, that is the Finnish way.... :angel:..​

no it's definately a supressor. i've shot this thing many times. you don't need ear protection. now, you will hear it from where you are at, however, at a range of 400-800 meters out you won't.

snipers won't reveal their position anyway, especially with that supressor. dust signature not a big deal seeing as how any well trained sniper will always shoot as far back as he can from the window and utilize max shadows to his advantage.

outdoors is similiar. stay back enough from your loophole in the brush and you wont have what they call "tossed salad".

no it's definately a supressor. i've shot this thing many times. you don't need ear protection. now, you will hear it from where you are at, however, at a range of 400-800 meters out you won't.

snipers won't reveal their position anyway, especially with that supressor. dust signature not a big deal seeing as how any well trained sniper will always shoot as far back as he can from the window and utilize max shadows to his advantage.

outdoors is similiar. stay back enough from your loophole in the brush and you wont have what they call "tossed salad".

This is what calibre...?​

I always liked the VSS Vintorez
vintorez_l3.jpg

'Special' weapon, meaning it's manufactured by order for specnaz only.

0_19581_1ef5baec_orig.jpg

080811154133_info.jpg

It has a built-in silencer, and suppressor. Quiet, fast and deadly, like specnaz itself, great gun.

Back